Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2021, 02:01 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #22613
No power to level controller/fuse- 2004 Damon Challenger

I suddenly have no power to my Power Gear leveling controller in our 2004 Damon Challenger. There is good power to the hydraulic system under the hood just no power coming into the 4 wire plug to the back of the controller. seems like a fuse. I have checked all fuses under the dash and all are good. There is a fuse block under the hood with about 20 blade fuses and all are good. I called Thor and they said they do not have any wiring diagrams for 2004 but said the fuse for this control panel is in the fuse block under the dash and should be a 5-10amp fuse. does anyone know how I can get power going to my controller or where the fuse would be? thank you for any help!

Old 03-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Unless you are extraordinarily lucky you’ll not find anyone here with your same 17 year old model who has had the exact same problem. Nevertheless I’m sure you’ll find folks happy to help if they can.

You might have more luck getting a wiring diagram from the PowerGear people as it’s likely their design was relatively unchanged over many years. Once you have identified the power lead to your panel you can physically follow it backwards until you find the defect. Obviously the first hung to check is that it really is a power problem and not a problem with the panel itself. It’s likely something simple like a loose connection or a wire that has worn through from vibration over the years. A multimeter is your friend in this sort of troubleshooting. A troubleshooting mentor of mine always encouraged patience and a methodical approach. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:31 PM   #3

State: Illinois
THOR #22613
Thanks Pete, I have followed the power from the pump but lose it before I get to the 4 wires that go to the controller.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:40 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
https://support.lci1.com/power-gear-...eveling-system

I'd suggest you go here for troubleshooting procedures for your particular system. I'd check for you, but without knowing the part numbers of the parts, it'd be shooting in the dark. On some of them, power for the touch screen comes from the controller, not directly from a fuse.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:39 AM   #5

State: Idaho
THOR #29478
I had the same problem. Turns out I busted the control box in the storage area, when I was shoving some equipment in there. The wires were ripped out in such a bad way that I had to purchase a new box and wiring.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:41 AM   #6

State: Idaho
THOR #29478
I actually have the same model and had the same problem! Fixed it now.

Tags
damon, fuse box, leveling system