Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #16427
Unhappy No power when unconnected from shore power

My ‘19 Vegas 25.6 was connected to 30 amp shore power.I noticed the power indicator light on the plug was off and found that the plug had come loose at the wall. Plugged it back in and check battery levels. House batteries were at 12.8 and chassis battery was at 2.0. After two days the chassis battery was only at 2.6. Engine would not start. Emergency start power did not work. Generator would not turn over. Battery checked bad and was replaced. After replacing the battery (and losing my religion while working through the 14 inch hole under the dash desk), Engine cranked and was allowed to run for a time. All batteries checked full or mostly full charge. Generator still would not crank. Control panel would not come in. Radio not working. Reconnected to shore power. Store/use switch light on. Lights and control panel work. Unplug from shore power and Store/use switch light will not come on, lights not working, radio off.
Checked fuses/breakers by chassis batteries and under hood. Not tripped. Tripped and reset each. Checked fuses by main breaker and in compartment near front indercdriver window. All appeared intact. Could not locate a fuse or breaker in Cummins generator compartment.
Cannot start generator. Lights, bed lift and radio not working.
Don’t know where to go from here.

Old 06-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #2

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobeelaw View Post
My ‘19 Vegas 25.6 was connected to 30 amp shore power.I noticed the power indicator light on the plug was off and found that the plug had come loose at the wall. Plugged it back in and check battery levels. House batteries were at 12.8 and chassis battery was at 2.0. After two days the chassis battery was only at 2.6. Engine would not start. Emergency start power did not work. Generator would not turn over. Battery checked bad and was replaced. After replacing the battery (and losing my religion while working through the 14 inch hole under the dash desk), Engine cranked and was allowed to run for a time. All batteries checked full or mostly full charge. Generator still would not crank. Control panel would not come in. Radio not working. Reconnected to shore power. Store/use switch light on. Lights and control panel work. Unplug from shore power and Store/use switch light will not come on, lights not working, radio off.
Checked fuses/breakers by chassis batteries and under hood. Not tripped. Tripped and reset each. Checked fuses by main breaker and in compartment near front indercdriver window. All appeared intact. Could not locate a fuse or breaker in Cummins generator compartment.
Cannot start generator. Lights, bed lift and radio not working.
Don’t know where to go from here.
What is voltage on each side of thrombatta relay
Old 06-13-2021, 09:27 PM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #16427
Sorry for the delay. It’s raining off and on here, so had little time to work on this. I’ve looked everywhere I know to look for the trombetta relay. Where should it be?
Old 06-13-2021, 09:57 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
The Trombetta relay or solenoid (if it has one) is in front of the drivers side wheel well and can be reached by opening the front hood and looking to the side. Later models like my 2021 use a Precision Circuits BIM 160 that does the same thing. The big terminals on the BIM 160 or the Trombetta are hooked to the chassis and coach batteries.

But you seem to have multiple problems and I think you have already stated that the coach and chassis batteries are well charged up. I would have a pro look at it.

But first look in the coach battery compartment. There should be a 50A and a 100A breaker there aft of the batteries. Make sure both are on. The 50A one serves the converter/fuse panel and the 100A one is for the generator starter.

David
Old 06-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
What David said about the 2 breakers in/on, or around the battery compartment...

Tags
electric problem, generator problem