Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2020, 10:22 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #14189
Levelers won't go down

This RV is not wanting me to go on our trip. Now the leverlers won't tract. Anyone know where the pump for the levelers is located on a 2010 Damon Tuscany?

Old 01-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
probably not the pump, so first try something that gets many of us the first time it happens: the 50a or 100a BussBreaker in the battery compartment. If a little red or yellow 'flag' is protruding, you may have found your culprit. Push it back in and you may have easily and quickly solved your dilemma.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Thread titles says the levelers won't go down, OP says they won't (re)"tract". Which is it?

Engine running?
Parking brake set?
Any lights on the control panel?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Check the simplest stuff off the list first:
engine on, and parking brake fully engaged?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #14189
I tried everything listed. I read to unplug the gray/white wire on the left side of the pump. That's why I need to know where the pump is located on my 2010 Damon Tuscany.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdogg4 View Post
I tried everything listed. I read to unplug the gray/white wire on the left side of the pump. That's why I need to know where the pump is located on my 2010 Damon Tuscany.
When you find your pump, it has to be in one of your basement storage areas, you should only see two cables going to it: the ground cable, and the power cable from a solenoid.

Assuming you have the Lippert system.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #7

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
The OP is talking about the two wires that terminate on the left side of the valve body, not the pump motor I think. The question is when you try to retract do the jacks continue to extend instead? If yes pulling the grey and white wires I "believe" only allows the retract operation. |From what I recall this is a sign of a bad jack pump control cable (bad diodes in the original cables) and Lippert has new cables (Used to be replaced for free I think) that should fix the problem.....if in fact the pump motor is actually running.

If the pump will not run, then previous poster comments about checking 100 am breakers near the coach batteries; connections etc apply. There could be many reasons for the pump motor not to operate.

Attaching a video from Youtube regarding the pump motor runs but when retracting it continues to extend jacks.......if this is not your situation then at least it shows the jack pump and valve body plus the two wires you are talking about.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 PM   #8

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Have you opened all the storage compartments and looked for a pump with solenoids and hydraulic lines present?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:16 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
The OP is talking about the two wires that terminate on the left side of the valve body, not the pump motor I think. The question is when you try to retract do the jacks continue to extend instead? If yes pulling the grey and white wires I "believe" only allows the retract operation. |From what I recall this is a sign of a bad jack pump control cable (bad diodes in the original cables) and Lippert has new cables (Used to be replaced for free I think) that should fix the problem.....if in fact the pump motor is actually running.

If the pump will not run, then previous poster comments about checking 100 am breakers near the coach batteries; connections etc apply. There could be many reasons for the pump motor not to operate.

Attaching a video from Youtube regarding the pump motor runs but when retracting it continues to extend jacks.......if this is not your situation then at least it shows the jack pump and valve body plus the two wires you are talking about.

Yeah, it would be easier to troubleshoot and help the OP if he would simply answer the questions posed.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #10

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
This RV is not wanting me to go on our trip. Now the leverlers won't tract. Anyone know where the pump for the levelers is located on a 2010 Damon Tuscany?
Reads to me like he can't find the pump
Old 01-14-2020, 10:18 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Reads to me like he can't find the pump
Yep.

Last January he was looking for the cable TV connection - no word on if he ever found it.
Last June he was looking for the Inverter - no word on if he ever found it.
Last week he was looking for a winterizing valve - we know he found it but not where.
Maybe we'll get more feedback on this issue?
Old 01-16-2020, 04:42 AM   #12

Model: Four Winds 35 SB
State: California
THOR #10298
Lol...
Old 01-19-2020, 03:55 AM   #13

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: California
THOR #17539
Thor Hurricane 32N Levelers

I have an error message on the leveler control panel (says Levelers cannot retract fully... has anyone experienced this and how to resolve? TY in advance Phil
Old 01-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #14

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Had same problem with 2011 Tuscany

It’s in the front generator compartment on drivers side. Unfortunate not designed user friendly. They say use a cordless drill to bring it up and down but unfortunately the engineers as usual didn’t place it so you can. You will be stuck using a socket wrench and it took forever. Just FYI when it was all said and done cost over 4000 to replace pump and two weeks to get it. Lippert does not keep them in inventory
Old 01-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #15

THOR #12281
Leveling Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post

I was able to Google a YouTube presentation that showed me how to use a drill and a socket to retract my levelers manually.

Later I discovered that there was a breaker next to the pump that was thrown probably because my batteries were weak even though I was plugged in the campground's power. However, I am glad I learned that it can be done manually. There are a couple of valves you have to close and then you put the drill onto a spinning shaft to crank up the levelers.