Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
You probably have already fixed it, but FYI, if the Windsport is the same as 2015 Hurricane there is a procedure in your manual where you can operate the leveling system with a drill driver manually in an emergency situation.

brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #22

Model: Windsport
State: Alberta
THOR #8386
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
We bought our new Windsport 29M just a few weeks ago after trading in our Keystone fifth wheel. After the hell we went through with the Keystone I have found the Thor to be very nice. No doors have fallen apart, no lights shattered, and no windows falling out while driving down the road. I am having an issue with the radio, but electronics and I don't get along very well anyway. My big issue, which I've already had with a Jaco travel trailer, was the builder leaving the black tank cut outs for the toilet and dump valve in the tank blocking the outlet at the dump valve.
Should be a cover there that unscrews. The outlet can then be adjusted so you can dump down or dump laterly.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
So how do you get them out? I've had intermittent blockage on mine and have wondered if I don't have the same issue.
I got lucky with the Thor, but the Jayco had to go to a shop. I think once the rough edges of the cut outs get covered in toilet paper they will not come out unless you drop the tank. Yuck! With the Thor, I filled the tank and dumped it again. And there they were! My blood pressure went through the roof! I wrote a nasty letter to Thor management and mailed it to them with the crap covered cut outs!

I also had the bedroom USB chargers wired backwards like so many others. I was told by Camping World it was an Amish electrician. Lol. Fixed that myself.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:41 AM   #24

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Arkansas
THOR #7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post

I also had the bedroom USB chargers wired backwards like so many others. I was told by Camping World it was an Amish electrician. Lol. Fixed that myself.

Our USB chargers have come loose and receded behind the faceplate. Annoying but fixable. #AmishElectricians LOL