Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2022, 10:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #22695
Location of Auto Gen Start in 2021 Thor Quantum CR24

I have a MAGNUM ME-AGS-S Automatic Generator Start for my 2021 Thor Quantum CR24 but cannot locate the controller (the upper item in the photo below). It is not in the engine bay, driver or passenger side areas, or any of the storage compartments underneath. Can anyone direct me to its location?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	36455  

Old 03-14-2022, 04:04 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hamerly View Post
I have a MAGNUM ME-AGS-S Automatic Generator Start for my 2021 Thor Quantum CR24 but cannot locate the controller (the upper item in the photo below). It is not in the engine bay, driver or passenger side areas, or any of the storage compartments underneath. Can anyone direct me to its location?

I know you waiting on a CR24 owner, but you may need to call Thor tomorrow. Get access to all you drawing while you are at it.

I assume you see the remote so you know you have one ?

If so, I would check in the spots that you are not likely to use a lot that are dry away from elements. In one Thor Coach I almost bought, one was in driver side lower bay compartment outside all the way on to the back wall.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:05 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Can you actually see the remote, so you know you have a Magnum AGS system?

On my 2021 Axis, AGS is provided by the BMPro system- the display and relay system that controls most DC systems and some AC systems.

David
Old 03-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
On our Challenger it was on the ceiling of a storage compartment. When you checked the compartments did you look up?
Old 03-14-2022, 04:51 PM   #5

THOR #22695
Thank you all

I've looked everywhere I can access and yes, by the control switch on the wall I have identified the controller but simply cannot find it. I've tried to trace the cabling by opening the wall and crawling under the coach but no luck.

Like most RVs that I have owned, documentation is terrible and wiring harnesses are pulled tight so that there is little to no slack.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:12 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Wow, please come back to let us know when you find it.

I am curious now, does it work? Meaning have you tried to test the remote switch? Maybe disconnect the chassis battery to see if genny starts.

I have a SOB but slide controller is where one would NEVER see unless you knew where to look. I think it was done to protect it because it is in a lower storage bay. You have to remove a metal cover to get to. But I have never had to (knock on wood

I like my Magnum Energy Inverter but I do not think I would like their manual switch AGS system. I put a Onan EC-30 system in mine and it is absolutely perfect. The newer one are wireless and connect to your phone, but I want the controller on my wall anyway.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:23 PM   #7

THOR #22695
Auto gen start Thor Quantum 2031

Will do and thank you.
Yes, the auto gen start does in fact work but originally had a blown fuse in line with the coach battery that I replaced to enable it. It works fine now. But I would like to have access to the controller to make some adjustments.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #8

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hamerly View Post
Will do and thank you.
Yes, the auto gen start does in fact work but originally had a blown fuse in line with the coach battery that I replaced to enable it. It works fine now. But I would like to have access to the controller to make some adjustments.
This may not help much but on our coach, Quantum JM31, the Auto Gen Start is located on the back wall of the outside compartment next to the generator. But on our previous coach, a 40 foot diesel pusher, the generator was at the very front and the Auto Gen Start was at the rear most compartment. That tells me it does not have to be close to the generator and can be anywhere. It must be somewhere accessible so the controls can be adjusted.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote