Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2020, 12:31 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alaska
THOR #18875
Omni XG32 water pump

Anyone know how to access the house water pump in the XG32 model? It seems like it’s behind the water tank but seems completely inaccessible. Thinking about cutting an access panel in the bed slider...

Old 05-19-2020, 01:02 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have a Magnitude SV34 so not sure if this will be exactly the same for the XG32.....

To access my water pump I need to take the mattress off the bed and then remove the screws that hold the mattress support wood in place. Then once the mattress support is removed, I have access to the water pump and electronics bay.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:08 AM   #3

THOR #18875
Thanks, I think

That’s exactly like i would think it works, but the bed liner/slide wood portion seems to be inset into both side panels... I’ve removed the screws but the wood seems essentially interlocked, for loss of a better term. This really does seem like it should be such a no brainer!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:11 AM   #4

THOR #12751
Hmmm.... I have a Tilt-a-View Bed and the mattress support moves so that is why I am able to remove mine.

Are there any drawers under the bed that would give you access when they are removed?

Might be worth a call to Thor Customer Service to see if they have any ideas about access. I would think it should be fairly accessible.... but you never know.

When I had my 2018 Outlaw 29H, you had to remove the furnace to get to the water pump.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:35 AM   #5

THOR #18875
I took some bad advice and moved to a sub-zero region without winterizing, turns out to be a VERY costly mistake.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #6

THOR #12751
Yikes!

Even though the winterization port might be hard to get to there are other things you can do in a pinch.

1. Open the Low Point Drain (both hot and cold....on my SV34 the Low Point Dran is the outdoor shower).

2) Open every faucet in the coach to let the water drain from the lines..... being sure to alternate between hot and cold with the inside faucets so both lines drain.

3) Get this blowout plug and install it to your city water port and then blow out the lines with a compressor set at about 40 - 50 psi.

https://www.amazon.com/Winterizing-C...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

4) Drain your fresh water tank as well as black and gray tanks.

Even if you can't add RV antifreeze this can prevent damage. Bursting is caused when water lines are full and pressurized such that once the water starts to freeze and expand, it has nowhere to go so the weakest areas will split.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2020, 11:45 AM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Yikes!

Even though the winterization port might be hard to get to there are other things you can do in a pinch.

1. Open the Low Point Drain (both hot and cold....on my SV34 the Low Point Dran is the outdoor shower).

2) Open every faucet in the coach to let the water drain from the lines..... being sure to alternate between hot and cold with the inside faucets so both lines drain.

3) Get this blowout plug and install it to your city water port and then blow out the lines with a compressor set at about 40 - 50 psi.

https://www.amazon.com/Winterizing-C...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

4) Drain your fresh water tank as well as black and gray tanks.

Even if you can't add RV antifreeze this can prevent damage. Bursting is caused when water lines are full and pressurized such that once the water starts to freeze and expand, it has nowhere to go so the weakest areas will split.

Good luck!
If you have a whole house filter, remove the filter element before blowing out the lines with compressed air. I have seen cheap and good but old filter elements shred when using air pressures of 40 - 50 PSI in a dry canister.

Also, keep the compressor hooked up and run the residential fridge through a couple of ice maker cycles to clear out any water.

The dry winterization method does work and I use it on average 3 times a year before I actually use anti-freeze.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #8

State: Nevada
THOR #23407
Omni xg32 Water Pump

We had a really hard time finding our water pump. We looked online, watched videos, read forums and finally called Thor directly. We wanted to know where our water pump is so we can properly winterize. Everyone said the water pump is mounted to the floor next to the water tank and can be accessed by lifting the mattress and opening the access panel (some said the panel has 2 screws). Nope. It is not under the mattress panel. Thor finally took our VIN number and sent us a schematic for the RV. This was helpful to at least give us a general location of where the pump should be. Turns out, you have to remove 4 or 5 screws from the front panel of the nightstand that is next to the rear wall of the RV. You have to be really careful because you have to then lift it over the floor molding. It is really thin and can crack or break easily. We will make a mod to the panel by reinforcing it and adding a handle so we can just Velcro it to the frame opening. Not sure who came up with that design but it is extremely inconvenient! It is a very narrow space between the bed and rear wall. If you are overweight, you may not be able to squeeze in there to get to the pump.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:02 PM   #9

State: Arizona
THOR #21556
XG32 2021 water pump access?

I know this is an older post but I was wondering if anyone has installed an access door on the bed platform itself to reach the water pump in this inconvenient design on the 2021 XG32? The removal of the nightstand facing will be challenging since it is such a tight space to work. If you have installed an access door, can you supply the measurements on the bed platform to locate the door directly over the pump?
Old 02-24-2023, 10:31 PM   #10

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Iowa
THOR #26576
I too have a 2022 Magnitude XG32 and have been trying to figure out a way of getting to the water pump to check out a possible leak. Thor support told me it was accessed from the top of the bed as suggested by others. No, there is no way to access from the top. I don’t even see how the forward facing panel at the rear of the coach can even be removed without destroying it since it is stapled and not screwed. Another diagram I saw looked like the pump might be accessed through the rear taillight from the outside. Surely not. This is going to be a big problem someday for XG32 owners. I agree that anyone who can post pictures of success would be great. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:57 AM   #11

State: Arizona
THOR #21556
We ended up doing what Third Thor said in post above ours. The water pump is behind the nightstand panel near back wall. It's not under the bed but adjacent to it. Our 2021 XG32 had small screws in the nightstand front panel. One just needs to be careful not to break the fragile panel. I agree with .
Old 02-25-2023, 01:01 AM   #12

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Beautiful coaches but I ended up with bloody forearms and hands every time I had to repair anything. They really build everything around all the components in these models with no regard for repairs.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 01:10 PM   #13

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Iowa
THOR #26576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollie View Post
We ended up doing what Third Thor said in post above ours. The water pump is behind the nightstand panel near back wall. It's not under the bed but adjacent to it. Our 2021 XG32 had small screws in the nightstand front panel. One just needs to be careful not to break the fragile panel. I agree with .
Yes, unfortunately the nightstand area on mine is stapled instead of screws. Thanks for the replies.

Tags
leak, omni, water pump, xg32