Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3772
Wiper blade needs adjustment

The wiper blade on the driver side hits the frame and doesn't go all the way down when resting. It needs to be adjusted but I can't figure out how to do it although I found a YouTube video on it. The video doesn't seem to show the same style of wiper blades that are on my coach. Does anyone have a 2014 27K Hurricane that knows how to adjust this? I don't want to loosen the wrong bolt.
Attached Files

Old 08-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you have the same system as the Challenger there should be a nut connecting the blade to the splined shaft. Remove the nut then pry the wiper arm off the splined shaft. Rotating the arm one spline (tooth) in either direction will adjust the travel accordingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0840.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	2697

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0841.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	2698
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3772
Wiper blade adjustment

Thank you for the reply. However, my Hurricane wiper blades don't look like the photo you attached. I tried to attach some photos of mine but without success. Mine has a very large nut at the base and a cap on the outside. I don't know which one to loosen to make the adjustment. My brother-in-law tried but didn't want to force either one, not knowing which one will allow adjustment.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
I had to adjust my wipers since they were resting and hitting to low on the rubber around the windshield. After removing the nut, I had to use small bearing puller to get the wiper off. It is similar to your wiper Dave, except my wipers had a soft metal sleeve inside the wiper arm that would conform to the splines on the wiper drive shaft with no definite spline showing. This is what locked the arm to shaft requiring bearing puller. Looked like some electrolysis was starting also.

Tags
wiper blade adjustment