Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2020, 09:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau
State: Arizona
THOR #19458
Stablizer Alarm

Have a two week old 2020 Thor Chateaux. Our problem started yesterday with the two stabilizers at the back of the unit. They work well on set up and retract fully when we are ready to leave. The problem is that the alarm supposedly indicated that the stabilizers have not been retracted will not go off. We have cycled the two stabilizers up and down hoping this may do something. I even took the two switch plate off and unscrewed the housing by the stairs and tried to disconnect various wires from there pin and all I was able to do was to make the stabilizers not work. Reconnected everything, stablizers work but again the alarm will not go off. Any thoughts? Where is the alarm? Tough to locate. We just spent a 3 hour drive back home with the alarm driving us crazy.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:45 PM   #2

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
What brand levelers are they?
Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 PM   #3

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Here's a page from the LCI manual, if that's the brand you have.

“Jacks Down" Alarm
The leveling system is designed to sound an alarm and illuminate the touchpad in the event of two possible
scenarios:
1. A retract hose leak.
2. The pressure holding the jacks in the retracted position falls to approximately 1500 psi, which activates
the alarm. If the alarm sounds and the touchpad illuminates and flashes while driving the vehicle:
A. Immediately find an area to safely pull the vehicle off of the roadway.
B. Set the PARKING BRAKE.
C. Inspect all jacks, hoses and valves for leaks.
D. If no leaks are observed:
I. Turn leveling system touchpad on.
II. Press RETRACT button (Fig. 1D).
III. Wait until “JACKS DOWN” light and alarm turn off.
IV. Inspect jacks. If jacks are retracted and no leaks are observed, vehicle can be driven.
E. If system is leaking or alarm does not subside after applying step 2, disconnect wires from pressure
switch and proceed immediately to a service center.
Note: The pressure switch is a blue and gold colored valve located on the power unit manifold identified
by the spark proof style connector with yellow and black wires. See figure 5.
Note: For prolonged travel to the service center, periodically stop and check the disposition of the leveling
jacks to make sure they are not extending.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:34 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
It could be one of two things..... a leak or a bad pressure sensor.

I had this happen on my last coach, a 2018 Outlaw 29H. Even though the jacks were retracted the alarm would sound once I released the parking break. The motor would even run until it tripped the 100A breaker and then the alarm would quit. After doing extensive troubleshooting I determined it was the pressure sensor. If the sensor does not detect at least 2250PSI, it assumes the jacks have not been retracted and sounds the alarm if you release the parking break. I ordered a sensor on Amazon and it fixed the problem. It was still under warranty and Thor reimbursed me for the part.

I also had this happen on my 2020 Magnitude. I had a very small leak at the power unit and was waiting for my dealer to fix it. While I was waiting for my appointment the leak got worse. On the way home from a trip the alarm went off. This time it was because enough fluid leaked out that the pressure was dropping (even though the jacks were still retracted). The dealer was 2 hours away so I decided to try and fix it myself. I thought it was a bad hose but it turned out to be an o-ring that was damaged during assembly. I got a new o-ring at the auto parts store, refilled the fluid, cycled the jacks a couple times and that solved the alarm problem.

Check your reservoir and make sure it is full and then look at all of your hose connections and the jacks to make sure you don't see any leaks. If you don't see any leaks, it could be an internal seal in the jack or it can be a bad pressure sensor on the power unit.

If you have the Lippert Levelers, the pressure sensor looks like this one. You should also check to make sure the electrical connection is secure because that could cause an issue.

If you are sure the jacks are secure and they won't deploy while driving, you can trip the 100A breaker and that will stop the alarm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 9.36.32 PM.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	24857  
Old 07-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #5

THOR #19458
Thanks for the responses. The stabilizer's on this unit are electrically actuated only. The alarm goes off when the ignition of the Ford E450 is turned on. I stopped in at an RV shop when the problem first started and they also commented on the hydraulic reservoir might be low. There is no hydraulic reservoir on this unit that they could find. I took the unit to the dealer yesterday when we got home because there are other issues to fix and it is still under their warranty. Appreciate the comments and will try to post a response when the dealer fixes it. The name was Morryde.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by braunski View Post
Thanks for the responses. The stabilizer's on this unit are electrically actuated only. The alarm goes off when the ignition of the Ford E450 is turned on. I stopped in at an RV shop when the problem first started and they also commented on the hydraulic reservoir might be low. There is no hydraulic reservoir on this unit that they could find. I took the unit to the dealer yesterday when we got home because there are other issues to fix and it is still under their warranty. Appreciate the comments and will try to post a response when the dealer fixes it. The name was Morryde.
I don't see any levelers made by Morryde. They seem to steps, TV mounts, cargo trays, and other aftermarket items.

I'd be surprised if a Class C motorhome did not use hydraulic levelers but it could be an aftermarket solution if the coach did not come with levelers from the factory.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #7

THOR #19458
Stablizers

Just to close this thread. I got my Thor back from the dealer yesterday and the problem with the alarm constantly sounding was resolved by an adjustment to have the arms come up further in the "holder" position. Apparently there is a plunger of some sort that gets depressed when the arms are all the way up and that disengages the alarm. It is definitely a Morryder unit installed from the factory. Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. Lets hope this adjustment finalizes the issue.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:30 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #22385
Having same issue thank you .
Old 04-11-2021, 06:24 PM   #9

THOR #22385
Thumbs down

Thanks again ,on my 21 28z there was a stop witha lock nut (that was hand tight ) that presses against a spring loaded button / sensor that still had 1/8” travel Togo . Made adjustment and tightened locknut no alarm when I started engine we will see after next trip.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #10

THOR #22385
Thumbs down

Thanks again ,on my 21 28z there was a stop witha lock nut (that was hand tight ) that presses against a spring loaded button / sensor that still had 1/8” travel Togo . Made adjustment and tightened locknut no alarm when I started engine we will see after next trip.