Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
THOR #15163
livingroom lights

I have a 2014 Hurricane 34E. Three ceiling lights turn on and off with a switch by the door when you walk in. They have quit working. Since there's a double switch we took the wires for the outside light and put them on the switch for the three ceiling lights and it works, so we eliminated the switch. I pulled the fuses at the end of the bed and all are good. I checked the circuit breakers at the end of the bed and all are good. Any idea what else I can try?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Cathy

Old 09-15-2020, 03:30 PM   #2

Model: Damon Daybreak
THOR #19133
Have you used a meter to verify voltage?
Old 09-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #3

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by milnerv@msn.com View Post
I have a 2014 Hurricane 34E. Three ceiling lights turn on and off with a switch by the door when you walk in. They have quit working. Since there's a double switch we took the wires for the outside light and put them on the switch for the three ceiling lights and it works, so we eliminated the switch. I pulled the fuses at the end of the bed and all are good. I checked the circuit breakers at the end of the bed and all are good. Any idea what else I can try?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Cathy
remove the first light and see if you have electricity there. A volt meter is in order.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:20 PM   #4

THOR #15163
Thank you! I think a volt meter was used when they removed the first light, but I will double check. So are these lights like Christmas tree lights, if one goes out they all go out? It's ok, you don't have to reply to that, but I will get the volt meter out and try that. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Strange things can happen. On my coach both the driver's and passenger's door courtesy lights failed to light when the door was opened. I checked everything and then the last thing checked was the problem. Both bulbs were burned out. Visually they looked good but a meter across the contacts verified they were bad. Changed the bulbs and all works well.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #6

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by milnerv@msn.com View Post
Thank you! I think a volt meter was used when they removed the first light, but I will double check. So are these lights like Christmas tree lights, if one goes out they all go out? It's ok, you don't have to reply to that, but I will get the volt meter out and try that. Thank you for your time.
No, they are individual independant fixtures. The power does go from one to the next. Start at the closest one to the switch.