Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #16430
Outlets not working

2015 Thor Hurricane 34J just taken out of storage. There was evidence of a mouse in the RV and wiring for awning was chewed. All outlets on slide side are not working. All say GFCI protected although the only reset I can find is in the bathroom and is fine. There are 2 circuits for outlets and all the slide outlets are on the same circuit. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
On plant 750 coaches (Freedom Traveler, ACE, Windsport, Hurricane), the GFCI controls duplex receptacles in the bathroom, interior kitchen, outside kitchen, and outside receptacles. The slide's receptacles are daisy-chained using a 14 gauge rubber cable directly to the power center (circuit breaker panel). There should be no other loads on this circuit. Now if your interior kitchen is on a slide, then they will be controlled by the GFCI. In my coach, the inverter must have 120 volt power from the power center to get power to the slide's receptacles.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #3

State: New York
THOR #16430
the kitchen is in the slide. The 3 outlets not working are the kitchen, dinette, and bedroom (in slide window, all others work). All the outlets have a GFCI sticker.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:10 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraven View Post
the kitchen is in the slide. The 3 outlets not working are the kitchen, dinette, and bedroom (in slide window, all others work). All the outlets have a GFCI sticker.
Then I would expect the GFCI has failed. Looking at your coach's layout I would suppose the power center is under the bed and the cable in question goes to the GFCI in the bathroom and across to the kitchen and dinette. Why the bedroom receptacle is off - not a clue.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 PM   #5

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
look for a 2nd GFI outlet. Maybe in an outside compartment. Also look for a j-box where the coach romex changes over to a rubber cord to enter the slide. See if there is power there.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Look for hidden receptacles. So far I have found 3 on my coach. I found one under the couch for the sub-woofer that Thor said they didn't install, I found 1 in a wall cavity behind the living area TV and I found one that is GFCI under the bottom kitchen cabinet drawer that is used for the refrigerator.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote