Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2021, 12:33 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 2
THOR #24890
Outside sink

Our outside sink will not drain. It looses the prime

__________________
Winnwebb@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:25 AM   #2
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,528
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnwebb@yahoo.com View Post
Our outside sink will not drain. It looses the prime
What does that mean?

Your outside sink has a drain pump that is primed by the water level in the sink.
Are you running the drain pump?
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 1
THOR #25147
Similar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
What does that mean?

Your outside sink has a drain pump that is primed by the water level in the sink.
Are you running the drain pump?
Hi Ace, I donít mean to hijack this thread. But I have a similar issue on my 2016 Four Winds 29G. The rocker switch isnít starting my pump. Iíve tried to trace the wires but canít find where they are terminated or which fuse it belongs to. Checked for power at the pump and showing no voltage with switch toggled. Thoughts?

Ironically, that sink and the bathroom sink both had trouble gravity draining, although I can understand the outdoor sink having more trouble with the horizontal trap. Any way these two things are related?

Thank you!
__________________
4Winds29G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,528
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Winds29G View Post
Hi Ace, I donít mean to hijack this thread. But I have a similar issue on my 2016 Four Winds 29G. The rocker switch isnít starting my pump. Iíve tried to trace the wires but canít find where they are terminated or which fuse it belongs to. Checked for power at the pump and showing no voltage with switch toggled. Thoughts?

Ironically, that sink and the bathroom sink both had trouble gravity draining, although I can understand the outdoor sink having more trouble with the horizontal trap. Any way these two things are related?

Thank you!
Hard to hijack a thread when the OP goes MIA so don't worry about that.

My only input would be to check for voltage at the switch - if no incoming 12 VDC there then it's down to wire tracing, especially if everything else works as I doubt that pump has it's own fuse in the power center; it's probably on the "Appliances" fuse.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2