Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2019, 11:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #8948
Overhead bunk

Hi!
My 29.3 ACE has an over the captains chair bunk that slides down at the push of a button.... until one side decides not to. Now it is stuck with one side coming down and the other hanging up.

Of course camping world can take a look in about 6 weeks from now (their first available appointment in my area) but I’m wondering if anyone else has an idea of how to fix this and save our summer camping adventures? I have tried YouTube and done the steps to reset the motors in case they are out of sync like for slide outs, but no luck.

Thanks!
Christina

Old 05-24-2019, 11:52 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
I was shown by the dealer that the bunk motors on the ACE/Hurricanes are very sensitive to voltage and they demonstrated how one side would hang up until they ran the generator (after first retracting/stowing the bunk), then it opperated smoothly and evenly.
I hope that helps.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:06 AM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
The attached link may help.......the videos show methods of resyncing the motors or manually overriding them, but I am not sure if the ACE motor controller is easily accessed. I think mine is behind paneling on the passenger side near the ceiling......no easy access panel that I can see; but we don’t use our bunk. (hope my link works). I would also ensure the bunk is not hung up on the slide track somehow (ACE "may" have a different bunk drop/slide system than other coaches but still uses the dual motor controller I believe).

Overhead bunk issues.... - iRV2 Forums
Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #6236
I have also had to unplug the electric from the motor on one side, push up, then unplug the other side and plug back in the other, push up, and repeat, inch by inch to get it up to the ceiling so you can drive. Sometimes, it's a bad motor but anything is going to cost 5 hours in labor to fix.

Tags
bunk activator problem