Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2017, 01:52 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Overhead bunk clicking on Thor Challenger 37tb

Hi everyone,

I'm having this issue where the cable that sits on a wheel located on both sides at the front of the overhead bunk clicks as i'm raising the bunk from lowered position. I know for a fact its when the wheel turns and because a threaded bolt goes through it and then attaches to the side walls the wheel is gets grabbed a bit from the threads and therefore clicks. Is anyone experiencing this or had to have it fixed. I have the 2016 thor challenger 37tb but it is on many rvs. Now, I don't remember this the 1st year and i'm now 3 months shy of 2 years and hearing it. The brackets are fine as wells as the lippert mechanism. Here is only an example of the wheel being i don't have my rv with me but this pic is real close to what it looks like. Now i can't tell from the crazy angle if it has a bushing like the one i'm including.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2017, 02:13 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
First thing I would probably try is some lube. Loosen the bolt a couple of turns, spray in some lube, something thin like penetrating oil, and retighten the bolt. If it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:21 AM   #3

THOR #2678
Overhead bunk clicking on Thor Challenger 37tb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
First thing I would probably try is some lube. Loosen the bolt a couple of turns, spray in some lube, something thin like penetrating oil, and retighten the bolt. If it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.
Hi SuperD,

I did the lube thing and was hoping that would've resolved it, but it didn't.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:23 AM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Sorry that didn't work, just a thought. There is probably a bushing in the roller that has a burr on it.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:28 AM   #5

THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Sorry that didn't work, just a thought. There is probably a bushing in the roller that has a burr on it.
After researching for a pic...the one i actually used for this post makes me believe there is a bushing. The angle you have to work in to even see the wheel is impossible to see if there is any bushing. Once i hear from enough rvers I'll most likely call Thor on after the weekend to see if they can send me the part or at least get me the specs.