Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Overhead Max Fan quit

The forward ceiling vent fan quit and would like to know if it is a fuse or the fan. Anyone know if it is powered on same circuit as ceiling lights or own fuse/breaker and if so, what fuse? Ceiling lights work ok.
I dropped the bottom switch panel on the fan down, but could not get probes in there to see if I had power to the fan as there is not enough slack in the wiring drop it for clearance. Or does anyone have a wiring diagram? I thought I had one or some, but can't find them.
The fan is not a show stopper, but would like to get one more thing out of the way before a trip.
Thanks

Old 08-07-2017, 12:46 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #4466
Mine wouldn't start so I whacked it lightly through the screen with my hand. Started running. Had to do the same on our old class c.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:02 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
On my diagram it is listed as fuse #4 in the converter box under the fridge. However that is also the fuse for several other lights, so if you don't have any other lights out, it probably is not that fuse.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
While it is possible that your fan has failed, it is more likely a fuse or a connection. Those fans seem to be pretty durable. Suggest you first check the fuse, then pull the fan out to check the connections. Yes, there should be plenty of extra wire to get the fan clear to see the wires.

I ordered my Vegas without a fan, and installed a MaxAir fan with remote, and the wires were prewired for the fans.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #5

THOR #1249
Probably not the fuse since the lights work ok. So I'll give it a few whacks and see it that will encourage it.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:36 AM   #6

State: California
THOR #9386
I have same problem. Lights work, fan doesn't.Lights dim when I push start switch on fan. Have you found a solution yet? Or even identified cause?
Old 10-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #7

THOR #1249
Yes, the problem is the switch/circuit board. Seems it is not all that uncommon that condensation forms on the cover and drips on the circuit board and kills it. I by-passed the switch/circuit board and the fan ran ok. I am waiting on a circuit board to be delivered now.
My fan is a Maxx Fan P/N 4301 and the board P,N is 10-4301K-V1.6 . If you have a different fan, the board P/N may be different.
Attached is a pdf of the parts list and below is phone number for Mike who is helpful in getting part. They don't have the particular board I need in stock, but Mike said he had a good used one that had tested out he could send me.
Good luck.

Mike Dickey

Technical Assistance Coordinator

RV PRODUCTS, a division of Airxcel, Inc.

3050 North St. Francis

Wichita, KS, 67219

Office: 316.832.4357
Attached Files
File Type: pdf r-608e_maxxfan-maxxfan-plus-xp-08-2017.pdf (629.5 KB, 99 views)