Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2020, 10:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #18882
Overhead sitting on cab

I have a 2002 super C, I noticed last year that on bumpy roads it started moving and the over head started getting closer and closer to the cab. Well it has sat all winter and when I went to get it ready this spring the overhead is now resting on the roof of the cab. I live in the middle of nowhere so I’m going to have to fix it myself but don’t know where to start. Any help????

Old 06-19-2020, 10:15 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeoracer20 View Post
I have a 2002 super C, I noticed last year that on bumpy roads it started moving and the over head started getting closer and closer to the cab. Well it has sat all winter and when I went to get it ready this spring the overhead is not resting on the roof of the cab. I live in the middle of nowhere so I’m going to have to fix it myself but don’t know where to start. Any help????
I'm assuming the intended word here was 'now'?
"...the overhead is now resting on the roof..."
Have you gone on the roof to see if there's any signs of structural failure? Is the entire 'house' moving down as a unit (unlikely)?

I'm not telling you something you don't already know when I write 'something is structurally incorrect' and you'll need to identify what's going on before anyone may be able to help you. You have to find out if the overhead is 'tipping' forward or moving as a solid unit. If solid unit, the 'house' is settling, and that's not good in this case.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #3

State: Utah
THOR #18882
You are correct I fixed my typo... as far as I can tell it’s just the overhead. I just figured I’d throw it out there and see if anyone has experienced this before, or could give me an idea of where to start. lol thank you
Old 06-19-2020, 10:56 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeoracer20 View Post
You are correct I fixed my typo... as far as I can tell it’s just the overhead. I just figured I’d throw it out there and see if anyone has experienced this before, or could give me an idea of where to start. lol thank you
Go up there and snap pics, particularly where the overhead meets the roof line. Is it stored outside? Only reason I ask is, if so, water damage could be apparent and there's no break between the overhead and roof. I can't think of any other way the overhead would be resting on the cab if there's no gap along roof join unless the whole unit dropped on the chassis.