Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton
I would get an estimate first and base a claim or not on that. I've always been of the mindset that insurance is for catastrophic issues only...not cosmetic. Insurance may not even pay for it. If you call them, they may "start" a claim which will stay on your record even if you don't use them, so get your estimate first then decide which way to go.
My thoughts exactly on insurance.
As far as paint goes , with temp swings 20° below to mid to high nineties I am thinking the paint that was used does not handle expansion and contraction.
Any ideas on a different paint ? I can't afford to pay for indoor storage, around $ 400 bucks a month here. Don't want to paint again in a couple of years.