Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2019, 12:31 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #14550
Palazzo slide motor red lite

Hi all...
We have a 2020 Palazzo 33.2. Been parked for 2 days and nites. Just opened the storage above the cockpit/windshield area and the red lite on the Dual Motor Synchronous Slide Motor Controller (see pic) is blinking 6 red and 1 green constantly. The code list on the box says there is a motor short.
Didn’t have any issues with slides going out and haven’t had any issues since we put them out. Not sure what the “reset” does, but we do not really want to retract and re-extend the slides right now. (after dark and all settled in on night 3 of 7 at this park.)
Did have some wind here in Killeen TX area today, but nothing serious. And we are not out in wide open spaces.
Wondering if anyone has experienced this or otherwise knows what is really going on here. To me, it would be odd to have a short without having moved the slide, but I’m not sure about that either.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	2F8BAC30-0D61-4A1C-9E2F-EF08985667CE.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	21645

harvnlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:33 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvnlois View Post
Hi all...
We have a 2020 Palazzo 33.2. Been parked for 2 days and nites. Just opened the storage above the cockpit/windshield area and the red lite on the Dual Motor Synchronous Slide Motor Controller (see pic) is blinking 6 red and 1 green constantly. Cut...
Thanks!
When you're ready (and not the night before you leave) try running them in and out. I use The Gritz count to five rule. It hasn't failed me yet (knock wood). When you run them in, continue to hold the switch and count to five - the old fashioned way: one one thousand, two one thousand...

Run it out the same way and check the box. It seems you have to resync the motors. Its not a short. It's an imbalance in the seating position.

Yes it has happened to me and The Gritz rule has kept me out of trouble.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
likely, the 'alerts' mean nothing if your slides are operating properly, but it could be that the 'sync' did not take place at the end of the run the last time you moved them.

While these alerts 'might' mean something, technically, if your slides are working, I wouldn't worry anything about it.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #4

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Having experienced 2 error 9 failures my biggest fear is getting ready to close and go and 1 of the slides won't close
I would suggest closing a few inches, if it moves just reopen,
if not you'll have a few days to fix/get it fixed.