Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2016, 03:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #3257
Pantry Door Removal on Thor Chateau

Does anyone know how to remove the pantry door on a Thor Chateau. Our top rail is broken and to reistall the door needs to be removed but we cannot figure out how to release the bottom rails. My husband is a very clever guy and is stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quite a few of use with different models are asking the same question.

My coach is currently at the dealer for service and warranty work and the Service Manager has, as a line item on the ticket, to determine how to remove the pantry drawer and explain the procedure to me upon pick up. Un fortunately I am not scheduled to pick the coach up until as late as March 1. I gave them 6 weeks to handle the repairs and now 1 recall item.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #3

THOR #3257
Thanks Dave, if you find out post here. We have a call into Thor and they are checking with their engineers. Should be a simple thing to release the bottom rails but of course no.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #4

THOR #3257
Thanks everyone, I got Thor to send us the engineering drawings. Apparently the bottom panel inside the pantry door has to be removed to access the bottom rail screws. We'll give that a try
Old 01-23-2016, 01:34 AM   #5

Model: Chateau 28F
State: Colorado
THOR #2768
Once you find out please post the "secret" of removal. I had a spice jar fall off the shelf and since I couldn't figure out how to take the pantry out I saw the outside speaker for the radio and removed it reached in, and got the jar. Well, at least I got the pantry back in place. Patiently awaiting.. If possible please post the drawing too.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:23 AM   #6

THOR #3257
I will post how to remove and add the drawings once we give it a try and it is successful, for sure!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #7

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Wyoming
THOR #2850
Not sure our pantry is the same? We have an ACE 27.1. Our pantry was poorly installed and the slide would rub on the frame when you pulled it out. I removed the door from under the fridge/pantry. There were screws under the pantry holding a block that holds two slides. I removed the screws and slid the pantry out until the top slide stopped, released the little tab and pulled the pantry out. I had to add a 1/4"X4"X29.5" board (approximately) to the upper right side to remount the block that holds the upper slide, which was, also, not installed correctly. Re-inserted the pantry door and all is well. Again, not sure our M/H is the same.
www.yellowstonescooters.com
TheHomeOfReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #8

THOR #3257
We have found out how to remove the door but the diagram from Thor is a copyright so will explain here. On the bottom shelf on the inside of the pantry door there are two screws you remove. Then remove that inside piece. Then you will see 4 screws that will release the bottom rail of the door. Then you can slide it out of the cabinet. Was easy once we knew where the secret screws were on the inside panel shelf.

Thanks for everyone's input and I hope it helps others out there
Old 01-30-2016, 01:40 AM   #9

Model: Chateau 28F
State: Colorado
THOR #2768
I will be looking at this tomorrow! Thanks for sending this to all of us!