Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #1

State: Connecticut
THOR #20389
Automatic Levels Need to be recalibrated

I have a 2016 Thor Ace 29.2. The automatic leveler lean the coach a little to the drivers side. Therefore any water that gets on the counter by the kitchen sink collects by the wall. I want the coach to lean a little to the passages side so I can see the water and wipe it up. Same for the bathroom sink.
So how can I readjust the leveling system get the coach to lean to the passages side?

Old 09-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
See page 9 https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001535.pdf

Do you have the manual for your installed system, as it might be a little different?
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
Our Lippert system has a re-level set up in the manual. I used it a few years ago. I think you relevel the coach manually to the point you want it to be, then push and hold three buttons. The system blinks three times and you let go and the new level set point takes effect. We rarely use the auto level anymore. We found it usually puts the coach too high and we prefer to be slightly high on the left. Instead I bought two level bubbles and installed by the drivers seat. We manually level the coach using the bubbles. Works well and is very easy.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I recalibrated mine twice and it will will end up about 3 inches higher than manual leveling

Once you learn to manual level it is very fast

I like the bed side a bit higher so that is easy as well

The 1/2 bath door makes the perfect side to side level and the front to back i use the built in indicator
Old 09-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #5

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
My ace 29.3 is ok after I level it but then when I put the slide out it ends up a little off level and the shower pan won’t drain completely
Old 09-06-2020, 12:32 AM   #6

THOR #20389
Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post
I have a 2016 Thor Ace 29.2. The automatic leveler lean the coach a little to the drivers side. Therefore any water that gets on the counter by the kitchen sink collects by the wall. I want the coach to lean a little to the passages side so I can see the water and wipe it up. Same for the bathroom sink.
So how can I readjust the leveling system get the coach to lean to the passages side?

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2020, 12:33 AM   #7

THOR #20389
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyhehn View Post
Our Lippert system has a re-level set up in the manual. I used it a few years ago. I think you relevel the coach manually to the point you want it to be, then push and hold three buttons. The system blinks three times and you let go and the new level set point takes effect. We rarely use the auto level anymore. We found it usually puts the coach too high and we prefer to be slightly high on the left. Instead I bought two level bubbles and installed by the drivers seat. We manually level the coach using the bubbles. Works well and is very easy.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2020, 12:33 AM   #8

THOR #20389
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbach View Post
See page 9 https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001535.pdf

Do you have the manual for your installed system, as it might be a little different?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2020, 12:39 AM   #9

THOR #20389
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyhehn View Post

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2020, 12:41 AM   #10

THOR #20389
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
I recalibrated mine twice and it will will end up about 3 inches higher than manual leveling

Once you learn to manual level it is very fast

I like the bed side a bit higher so that is easy as well

The 1/2 bath door makes the perfect side to side level and the front to back i use the built in indicator

Thanks. You reminded me the having the coach leaning a little to the passenger side also leans the shower floor towards the drain.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:48 AM   #11

THOR #20389
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeace29.3 View Post
My ace 29.3 is ok after I level it but then when I put the slide out it ends up a little off level and the shower pan won’t drain completely

Leaning toward the passages side will also help in draining the shower pan too.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #12

THOR #6903
Does mine as well
Quote:
Thanks. You reminded me the having the coach leaning a little to the passenger side also leans the shower floor towards the drain.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:06 PM   #13

THOR #6903
When you recalibrate you determine your "level"
Quote:
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #14

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
I took a 360° laser level and and manually leveled it. Then adjusted the level by measuring the distance from the frame to the laser. Manually made them all equal and then recalibrated the leveling system.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:38 AM   #15

State: California
THOR #19184
I have a Thor Four Winds 29G. When I bought it, the auto leveler was not functioning, but it was manually. The dealer said they had to get a module and they would send it to me. I installed the module and recalibrated per the Thor manual. That being said, like one other response, I use a torpedo level on the counter and level manually, front to back first and then side-to-side. When I auto level, it always seems to make a few more adjustments and end up higher....in some cases taking one of the wheels off the ground. I could go through recalibration (not hard) but prefer to do it manually.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
We use that for backup to check if the auto level is working right. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-25505-E...9748410&sr=8-2
Old 09-10-2020, 03:52 PM   #17
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
If you have a gas/electric refrigerator and have a smart phone, get and use the level function app. Make sure it is one with a 360 bubble function and set the phone in the bottom of the freezer. Then level. Your fridge is level, everything else is level enough.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #18

Model: ACE 29.3
State: North Carolina
THOR #6098
I have the 2016 29.3. Calibration is in the manual. Level it as desired and set it.