Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2021, 11:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Pioneer Radio Dead

Sequence 20L. My radio just went black and have no backup camera either. Odometer is blinking. Looked through forum and on Promaster forum for similar. Thought I remember there being posts but cannot find for this. Mileage 6400 and it worked before we stopped but was dead when we got back in. Any help please

Old 09-18-2021, 12:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I don't know what a blinking odometer would have to do with the radio not working unless you have a chassis electrical power problem. What else doesn't work? Does the engine start? Headlights work?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:02 AM   #3

THOR #22979
Everything else appears to work. Ram customer service says the odo blinks when radio is not connected.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #4

State: Alabama
THOR #25173
blinking odometer

JeffreyLee,

I have the same issue on my 2021 Sequence. Have you found the fix?

I took it to RAM and they can't fix it, bc it does not have the factory radio installed. The blinking odometer is caused by the aftermarket radio not communicating properly with the RAM computer. My radio is working again but odometer still blinking. I took it to the RV Dealer Service dept that sold it to me and they are working with Thor on getting it fixed, but at this point I feel like I am getting a run around. They worked on it for a few hours. They flashed the radio and now are ordering new wires to see if that will fix it. It has been flashing now for a couple of months.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:48 PM   #5

THOR #22979
Radio dead

My radio came back alive two days later and has stayed on for the month after. Blinking odo went away. Can’t take it in since it is now working. I think it is likely a loose connection some where in the harness which will be hard to trace down. Based on other quality issue with the Thor build out it is likely due to sloppy work. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #6

State: Louisiana
THOR #25256
Every once in a while my radio, blinkers, cameras go a little nuts. I found that if I clean and tighten the radio ground to chassis, the strange acts go away and operates as it should.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:54 AM   #7

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Washington
THOR #25811
I'm experiencing the same issue with my 2021 Tellaro. Dead Pioneer unit and blinking odometer. Has anyone identified a specific problem/fix that I can discuss with my Thor service department?
Thanks.
Old 06-18-2022, 01:04 AM   #8

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Washington
THOR #25811
UPDATE
I disconnected the negative terminal on the chassis battery (under the driver’s floor). When I reconnected the Pioneer unit came to life and the odometer stopped blinking.
Old 06-18-2022, 02:59 AM   #9

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfevans2015 View Post
UPDATE
I disconnected the negative terminal on the chassis battery (under the driver’s floor). When I reconnected the Pioneer unit came to life and the odometer stopped blinking.
Outstanding!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 01:16 PM   #10

Model: Scope 18M
THOR #27960
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampChenier View Post
Every once in a while my radio, blinkers, cameras go a little nuts. I found that if I clean and tighten the radio ground to chassis, the strange acts go away and operates as it should.
Where is the ground?
Old 01-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #11

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
It's not a bad idea to clean and re-connect all chasis grounds.

Are you a do-it-yourself capable person?

Put the stow switch in stow position.

Jack the RV up with the levelers, whatever kind you have, and put some kind of safety backup under there. Crib up some 4x4s, 6x6s, jack stands, just not cinder blocks as they can crush.

Hopefully a paved driveway. Use some cardboard to lay on. Have a simple small wire brush, maybe emery paper/cloth, and some de-oxidizer electrical grease.

Everywhere you see a ground connection, take it apart, clean it, grease it up, and re-connect it. Search the frame front to back. Hydraulic levelers area, inverter, converter, even chassis and coach connections. While you are at it, do both connections on every battery.

This could save you headaches down the road even if everything is working fine now. I did this on our RV. It's a preventative maintenance to do item.

While under mine, I found coils of excessive length wiring harness' that were hanging a little low, so I tied them up better that how the factory let it out the door.
Short story: A wiring harness section to our marker lights was hanging down some, I didn't notice, the RV was new to us, anyway it snagged and ripped down. Driving down the highway, it whipped around accasionally hitting the frame and grounding out, blowing the fuse. Folks on the highway kept blowing horns and flashing lights at me. Only to discover why it kept blowing fuses. After once, it could be just something, tied it up to get home. Then noticed ground connections here or there, Took PM measure then.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:56 PM   #12

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Too add:

Had radio quitting and coming back, sometimes over several days, it turned out to be the connection at the radio.

The plug had about 10 wires, they were gathered, zip tied a little too close, resulting on pulling pressure on the wires at the extreme ends of the plug. (think pony tail gathered and tied)
Old 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM   #13

Model: Scope 18M
THOR #27960
Thans for all the great info on the radio connections.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:54 PM   #14

Model: Tellaro 20A
State: Florida
THOR #26167
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfevans2015 View Post
UPDATE
Thanks Big Time Bro, traveling here in Tennessee and pioneer went out with all that its used for i.e., camera, tire sensors, bluetooth, but your post in the fix! Saved the day. Disconnected battery, reconnected it and it came back to life.

After thor rep told me to take it to dealer!

If you’re ever in FL and need a hand look me up