Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2022, 11:42 PM   #1
CLG

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #16056
Plumbing, A/C, and other help

I have a leak in the grey water drain line. The best I can tell it is in the grey water gate valve. The drain pipe feels dry above the valve. We have a 2014. Does anyone know the expected life of these gate valves? I haven’t looked can I buy the valve rebuild kit. It doesn’t look too difficult even with a little abs pipe work.

We have not used the rv during the summer. We are running the a/c and have water dripping down the outside of the unit on both sides of the rv. This doesn’t seem correct. I suspect a condensate drain tube must be fouled.

You guys were a wealth of information when I replaced my side motor. Now I have high expectations.

Thanks.

Old 09-28-2022, 12:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Replace the gate valve. Estimated life depends on …

There is no condensation tube. Condensation dumps on the roof and runs down to the lowest point(s). This is normal.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:51 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Valve is $15 to $20. Replacement is 4 bolts and 1/2 hour of your time if you are somewhat handy. E-Trailer or Amazoom as well as many others have them.
I have replaced one my two gray tank valves as it was getting stiff on our 2018. End of the season I will be replacing the black valve as well it is getting stiff as well.
And as EA says the A/C condensate dumps on the roof. When leveling most owners pitch the rv to the driver's side to keep the a/c condensate from running on the camp site side.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is online now   Reply With Quote