Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Though I don't disagree with your assessment of the workforce I will say after spending the better part of my working career in supervision I have to say the workforce is not that much different today than in the past.
10% of the workforce are A personalities motivated to succeed at whatever they do and need little encouragement or supervision. 20% are B personalities that will do a good job for you though not as motivated as the A's they can be expected to perform at a reasonable level without much oversight. 50%, and the bulk of your workforce are known as Safe Performers they will do only enough to keep a job nothing more than the task they have been assigned and don't have the motivation to go the extra step without supervision. And that brings us to the 20% the dead beats that go out of there way to get out of doing the job, These POS are the ones that are always looking for a better job that pays more to do nothing. If supervision isn't standing over them they won't do sheet.
That brings up my final point it is easy to blame the workforce for the failures when IMHO it is Supervisions failure for not recognizing the strengths and weakness of the workforce.
It was my job as a supervisor to mix and match the workforce I was provided, weed out the deadbeats, and get a project completed properly, in a timely manner and on budget.
Piss poor supervision results in a piss poor job
I also don't disagree with your assessment... I too have been in management.... so I get that you also need good supervision... need to provide good training.... and need to provide the workforce the tools needed to be successful.

But all that being said.........

I was not alive for WWII but from everything I read and have heard from family members who have long since passed on, "kids" were lying about their age to enlist in the military after Pearl Harbor. Kids and adults.... men and women.... boys and girls..... were all pitching in to do hard work and to do their best work because results of that work mattered.

If Pear Harbor happened today, I seriously doubt you would have teenagers lying about their age to enlist in the military. I seriously doubt you would see a majority of people in their 20's - 40's rolling up their sleeves to work hard and do whatever it takes.

Maybe I'm wrong..... I hope that I am.... but I'm not seeing many signs that pride and work ethic exist the way it apparently did in the 1940's.

Old 11-13-2021, 04:07 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I also don't disagree with your assessment... I too have been in management.... so I get that you also need good supervision... need to provide good training.... and need to provide the workforce the tools needed to be successful.

But all that being said.........

I was not alive for WWII but from everything I read and have heard from family members who have long since passed on, "kids" were lying about their age to enlist in the military after Pearl Harbor. Kids and adults.... men and women.... boys and girls..... were all pitching in to do hard work and to do their best work because results of that work mattered.

If Pear Harbor happened today, I seriously doubt you would have teenagers lying about their age to enlist in the military. I seriously doubt you would see a majority of people in their 20's - 40's rolling up their sleeves to work hard and do whatever it takes.

Maybe I'm wrong..... I hope that I am.... but I'm not seeing many signs that pride and work ethic exist the way it apparently did in the 1940's.
After 9/11 two classes of folks became clear ( younger generation). There were those that would do anything needed to get the job done and would go the extra mile to make sure things were done and done right.

The other group were those worthless individuals that were too busy screaming and crying because they had to work for a paycheck or couldn’t bleed the working stiffs for everything they had. There only concern was where they needed to go to get their free phone. Many of these folks went on to raise the next group of worthless, good for nothing, freeloading individuals that are breathing the valuable air that could be used to resuscitate dead slugs.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:57 PM   #23

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Relatedly

My ranch help who I allowed to earn up to $1,000 a week but wouldn't do $150 a week in hours, landed a job as a helicopter logger last week. It was his dream job. He couldn't take two breaths without talking about this dream job.

He lasted most of a day(I assume he worked an hour or two, and waited for a flighty out)
He texted to me:
'Will the foreman told me I was overqualified for sling and chains and chokers he said as soon as I had my insurance he would take me on as a pro faller for a hell of a lot more money and a lot less hours'.

Let me translate for you:
'They expected me to really work. I won't. Not for any wage for any reason.'

They'll. Say. ANYTHING. To. Not. Admit. They. Just. Won't. Work.

The worst part is their assumption that we're stupid enough to believe their crap.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:54 PM   #24

Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
THOR #8513
Incorrect Fact

Sorry you're not enjoying your new motorhome.
My 2008 Windsport, built on the Ford F53 chassis with the V10 6.8 litre Triton engine, is not built of high quality standards either but it's something I knew buying it, as Thor builds more of the entry level rigs and their prices reflect that compared to the ones who do have better finishes.
Yet it performs well and I've had for years and thousands of reliable miles and with many fun times in it.

Your comment about it being a standard of Canadian quality is way off. First of all its not built in Canada, it's built in Elkart, Indiana.
Then, even if you were correct on its origin, to generalize an entire Nations manufacturing standard based on one item, is so outrageous that its a bit concerning anyone would post an idiotic thought like that.
So now we know it's American built, should we stop buying all American made items then?
Think before your post.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:00 PM   #25

Model: 25.2 Axis
THOR #3471
I have 55 pickers come in and pick my tomatoes every year in Tennessee. They don’t complain. Work from before sun up until after sun down. Eat in the fields. Use porta potties. Never pea on the tomatoes and never complain. Pay is $8.00 per hour for all this. I use to use contract workers but this is much better for me and the workers. The same ones come back and bring recommendations for others. They stay in motels provided by locals. They send money home. We transport them back and forth to town each day. We also transport to dr if needed and pay that bill. We have never spent more than $1000 in a year for dr bill. None of these people are Americans but they do have work visas for temporary work.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:02 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
More and more of these threads are popping up. While it is not surprising... I think the Mods should consider creating a Quality Sub-Forum to keep all these types of posts organized in one area.
Yes let us do it!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #27

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC Windsport View Post
Sorry you're not enjoying your new motorhome.
My 2008 Windsport, built on the Ford F53 chassis with the V10 6.8 litre Triton engine, is not built of high quality standards either but it's something I knew buying it, as Thor builds more of the entry level rigs and their prices reflect that compared to the ones who do have better finishes.
Yet it performs well and I've had for years and thousands of reliable miles and with many fun times in it.

Your comment about it being a standard of Canadian quality is way off. First of all its not built in Canada, it's built in Elkart, Indiana.
Then, even if you were correct on its origin, to generalize an entire Nations manufacturing standard based on one item, is so outrageous that its a bit concerning anyone would post an idiotic thought like that.
So now we know it's American built, should we stop buying all American made items then?
Think before your post.
Amen
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 11-13-2021, 07:07 PM   #28

THOR #20220
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
I have 55 pickers come in and pick my tomatoes every year in Tennessee. They don’t complain. Work from before sun up until after sun down. Eat in the fields. Use porta potties. Never pea on the tomatoes and never complain. Pay is $8.00 per hour for all this. I use to use contract workers but this is much better for me and the workers. The same ones come back and bring recommendations for others. They stay in motels provided by locals. They send money home. We transport them back and forth to town each day. We also transport to dr if needed and pay that bill. We have never spent more than $1000 in a year for dr bill. None of these people are Americans but they do have work visas for temporary work.
Great comment
Old 11-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I bought mine brand new and did a though check, what you do not see are the things you mentioned as your eyes are on bigger aspects of the new coach. Some of the build is so chincy it makes me wonder if the rig will fall apart driving down the road.. would it really have killed Thor to use the right screw for the job? So much could be better with little additional costs.. But, it was in my price range, so I fixed what small things I could and lived with the rest. Now 7 years later the seats and dinette are peeling and the decals outside are burned..so you got that to look forward to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boertjie View Post
Thanks for all the comments.
Now let’s answer them.
I lived in NVa. Had to go do the pick up in Knoxville.
I went into emergency surgery.
Wife had to go do pick up.
We were assured everything was tip top according to Lazydays PDi.
After being in this RV for about 2 weeks you start noticing things.
Paperboard panels,
Obvious panel nail heads.
Loose and skew electrical fittings.
Grab handles in bathroom loose.
Skew cupboard doors.
broken opening mechanism on aft extractor fan(apparently this is not a unique phenomena??)
Skew paneling
Terrible framing fitting.
Etc. etc. etc.
NOT something you notice on a casual pdi inspection day and after watching hours of video and sales pitches for these RV’s

If this is the standard of Canadian workmanship???
I am done with Canadian products.

And to the gentleman with the diving in the pool analogy?

Please don’t make excuses for them and their below chinese standard finishing

There are a lot of good things about this RV, but quality of workmanship and materials is not one of them.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #30

THOR #25349
Quote:
Regardless of what you paid.... entry level or not.... that should not be what you paid to receive.

I stick by my comments in this and other similar threads..... this is the state of today's workforce. Most of them work for a paycheck and have little or no pride in their work. They were not raised with the work ethic that was taught to me and previous generations that you do the best work you can... regardless of the job.

Like the old saying.... "Shoot First and Ask Questions Later"..... today's 16 - 40 year olds say "Pay me big bucks first.... then maybe I'll think about earning it."
Perfectly put Sir!
When I look at the quality of the work done on the sealant on the various vents and antennae etc.on the top of all these rigs. Cheap and pricy, I feel ill.
As you said “work ethic”
It appears as if the attitude is, “it’s on the top, nobody will see it”
A toddler couldn’t do it uglier.
Work pride is lost on some.
Be proud enough to put your name on it.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:18 PM   #31

THOR #25349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'm no gentleman: just a "Bob"...
Fully realizing that this is a done-deal, and the bell cannot be "un-rung": the delivery should have been delayed until you could be there...
LazyDays is just that: Lazy! They did no PDI...
Unfortunately we had to be out of our sold house 2 days after getting out of hospital and on our way to Florida to go look for our new house.
Things were not ideal.
My biggest gripe is they(Lazydays) are not interested in you once you leave.
Not even a 7/14/21 or 30 day warranty!

Stand by your products ?
Old 11-13-2021, 09:30 PM   #32
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Unfortunately we had to be out of our sold house 2 days after getting out of hospital and on our way to Florida to go look for our new house.
Things were not ideal.
My biggest gripe is they(Lazydays) are not interested in you once you leave.
Not even a 7/14/21 or 30 day warranty!

Stand by your products ?
No warranty, you bought used?
Old 11-14-2021, 04:10 AM   #33

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Lack of accountability and self-esteem lead to a poor or no work ethic

Throw in laws that shackle supervision and you get what we have today

Interesting thread and i agree with darn near every word

Add free digital dollar to the mix and your going to pay more for less

Our three top aggravating quality issues were

1) kinked heater hose behind generator likely on purpose

2) kinked water inlet pex behind the water bay panel at the top, very hard to see

3) failed to connect drain under shower

No one with pride would have done that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 11-14-2021, 04:29 AM   #34

THOR #25349
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
No warranty, you bought used?
Yes.
The unit was very clean, but it appears it was only cosmetic.
Lesson learnt.
Stay away from Lazydays for sure!
Old 11-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #35

THOR #20220
Quote:
Yes.
Lesson learnt.
Lazy days are here again
Song
Old 11-15-2021, 02:54 AM   #36

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Yes.
Lesson learnt.
I guess I do not understand how this is lazydays fault. Their job was to sell you a coach, which they did.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #37

THOR #25349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
I guess I do not understand how this is lazydays fault. Their job was to sell you a coach, which they did.
Without any sort of warranty?
Not even a 24 hour one.
When do you get to notice the minor faults?
Yes! After you have been in the RV fir a day or two.
The did a PDi and told us it was 100%
Who’s fault is the quality and latent hidden defects?.. Mine???
These people took advantage. Especially on the rear extraction fan vent mechanism and radio in bedroom.
Lazydays was a trusted broker in the sale of the product but won’t even stand by it for more than 24 hours?
Gee? Just enough time for the buyer to do a proper once over.
Why are you covering for Lazydays? Vested interest?
Old 11-15-2021, 02:30 PM   #38

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Yes,
Entirely
100%
Your wifes fault.

No one else
Solely hers.
FOR TAKING IT OFF THE LOT.

100%
your fault
Solely yours
FOR NOT SELLiNG IT
The very day you became disenchanted.

We are amazed but not amused by all the things you say and do.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #39

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Without any sort of warranty?
Not even a 24 hour one.
When do you get to notice the minor faults?
Yes! After you have been in the RV fir a day or two.
The did a PDi and told us it was 100%
Who’s fault is the quality and latent hidden defects?.. Mine???
These people took advantage. Especially on the rear extraction fan vent mechanism and radio in bedroom.
Lazydays was a trusted broker in the sale of the product but won’t even stand by it for more than 24 hours?
Gee? Just enough time for the buyer to do a proper once over.
Why are you covering for Lazydays? Vested interest?
I am not covering for lazydays nor do I have any invested interest in them. I simply do not see that they are at fault here.

Ask yourself this. Did you ask if their was a warranty, even a 24 hour one? Did any of the 30 or so papers that you had to sign say warranty on them? I bet one of them stated "as is where is". So how is that them taking advantage of you.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for your position and I get that it's a hard pill to swallow when you have made a mistake. I truly get that and I have been in your position more than once in my life. Learn from the experience.

In hindsight, you probably should have hired an inspector to review the coach prior to purchase.

People like to play the blame game, as you can see in this thread. Some make good points and I agree that there is always room for improvement, be it at Thor or at Lazydays. However, the buck stops with the purchaser. They are the final deciding link in the chain. They are the ones who agreed to the purchase and all of its parameters.

At this point though, like others have said, fix the issues or sell it and move on.

If you do decide to fix it, plenty of people on here, myself included, will be happy to help in any way we can.

Good luck either way.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:44 PM   #40
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Yes.
Lesson learnt.
What year coach and how many miles?