Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #24733
Power Management Module

I have a customer with a 2018 Thor Tuscany that has a bad Power Management Module 8700009. Does anyone here have a good idea where can I get another one of these modules? My customer is down for the count without this module. No slides, no lights, no water heater and a few other things. I've pinpointed the problem to this module. It's not providing enough DC power to his remotes. They need a minimum of 8vdc and the module is only supplying 2.5vdc. The module is labeled as "Thor Diesel V5 Power Management Module 8700009". Can anyone point me towards a replacement? Thank you.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
Since most everything isn't working suggests it's the terminal(s) where the battery connects. Like maybe a loose battery cable connection. Might try some CRC contact cleaner since it can't hurt? I also have a 2015 Tuscany and the fuse module in the compartment right under the driver's seat. My problem was a bad relay that was stuck closed where things worked when they were not to work. Tapping the relay made it work but soon was back to it's old ways.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #24733
Battery leads

Thank you for your feedback. The module is getting the required power to it. This module has internal relays that power up the remotes. The remotes require 8vdc minimum to operate. This power management module is only supplying 2.5vdc. And it's an intermittent problem. Everything worked 2 days ago. All the remotes came on and functioned normally. The coach's batteries were also reading 13.7vdc while under a charge. The batteries seem fine. I did soft and hard resets to the inverter and that didn't help.
The module is getting the right amount of power to it, it's just not putting out the correct amount for the remotes.
Any ideas who might stock such an item?
It's a Thor Diesel V5 Power Management Module 8700009. And yes I know.....it's Labor Day Weekend. Just about couldn't be worse timing.