Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Florida
THOR #4534
Radio and other issues

Just picked up our Hurricane 34f after having warranty work done including replacement of floor up front. All was good until we got on the road. Now the Axxerra dual mirror radio won't turn off, can't control volume and the cameras (rear and side mirrors) are going crazy. Turn on signal and it flips from one camer view to another. Turn signal off and you get left mirror view. Any wisdom for us. Thanks

Old 08-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #2

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Have you tried to hold in the MODE for several seconds?
BTW - here is the manual.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:58 PM   #3

THOR #4534
I did hold the button in several times to
No avail. But after hitting several bumps on I75 it started to respond. Loose connection maybe? We just turned it off until we can Make another trip to Camping World. 😡 Thanks for the link to manual. I will be printing that out For future reference
Old 08-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35C
THOR #4067
There is a reset button just above the usb plug on the lower left side of the radio just below the volume control. I believe there is a small door hiding it. Had the same issue and this seemed to do the trick.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:36 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
If you need some more bumps get down to I-10 west Texas or for the mother of all bumpy rides I-10 thru LA on that concrete hyway... seems all these radios suck in Thors, mine won't pick up stations more then 5 miles away..
Old 08-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Not sure about your Hurricane but the my Challenger has a Jensen 3 camera switch. The three camera plug into the switch/controller and then one cable goes to the Axxerra. I have to remove the top of the dash to access the switch. IF installed on yours there could be a faulty switch or loose connections.

As a note, I am now on my third Axxerra. The previous two kept loosing power while rolling down the road. The first was replaced at the end of my warranty and Thor replaced the second after the warranty expired because the first replacement did not correct the problem. The next issue with the Axxerra will be the last.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #7

THOR #4534
We have pushed reset button and will be getting on the road together. Hoping that did the trick. Otherwise it's back to Camping World again! Sigh!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #8
MSK

Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
I have the same problem of not being able to pick up stations at any distance beyond about 5-10 miles in my 2014 A.C.E. 30.1. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Make sure the antenna is plugged into the radio. IN OUR 2015 WINDSPORT THERE WAS NO ANTENNA FOR THE BEDROOM RADIO!!!. With no antenna it too would only pick up strong local stations.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #10
MSK

Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
Thanks, any suggestions on how to access the radio in order to check the antenna connections?
Old 09-28-2016, 02:28 AM   #11

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Depends on which radio you have. Check your owners manual, it will probably tell you how to get it out of the dash. If it is the bedroom radio, look for screws to remove and then you can pull it out.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:56 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
No. There is actually a fuse for an antenna booster in the control box, but I do not think it works. It draws .05amp. I was told by Jenson the ground to the antenna is probably bad, but no way to fix it. I did run a ground to the back of the radio with little result.... on a side note my cell phone charger plugged in to the 12v cig liter type thing makes my radio reception go down about 50% or more..of course Camping World blame it on the charger when I took it in for warranty work, that included..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK View Post
I have the same problem of not being able to pick up stations at any distance beyond about 5-10 miles in my 2014 A.C.E. 30.1. Does anybody have any suggestions?