Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Missouri
THOR #16182
Windsport 29M

O.K. you Windsport owners out there...who all has had issues with the hose going from your kitchen sink to the grey water tank? What was the eventual fix? Mine was in for service, 62 days, they went with the Thor recommended pool hose fix. FAIL. Pumped some water into the fresh water tank yesterday, ran the kitchen faucet. Everything either ran out onto the floor or out the bottom of the slide. Looked up inside the slide and there was the hose, un attached, again. If you've successfully fixed yours, or had a good service call let me know the remedy. If you're suffering with me feel free to groan here!

Old 10-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #2

Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshocoach View Post
O.K. you Windsport owners out there...who all has had issues with the hose going from your kitchen sink to the grey water tank? What was the eventual fix? Mine was in for service, 62 days, they went with the Thor recommended pool hose fix. FAIL. Pumped some water into the fresh water tank yesterday, ran the kitchen faucet. Everything either ran out onto the floor or out the bottom of the slide. Looked up inside the slide and there was the hose, un attached, again. If you've successfully fixed yours, or had a good service call let me know the remedy. If you're suffering with me feel free to groan here!
Well....we had ours break on the 2nd time we had the full slid extend. The pipe broke right at the elbow when it comes out of the gray tank. Being a 2 month wait time and this is prime motorhome camping I fixed it myself. I first fixed the pipe problem but where the problem starts is at the slide area. The slid at full extension cut the pipe in half. This is because there was too much plywood and mitral side frame left and it hit the 90 degree elbow before the slide was fully extended. I took a 4 inch grinder with a sand paper disc and got rid of the left over plywood and put a bigger radius in the metal from. The slide does not hit the pipe anymore. It's a wiring mess down there as well.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #3

THOR #16182
How do you access that area? is it the plywood backing under the kitchen sink area?
Old 10-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #4

THOR #16201
Quote:
How do you access that area? is it the plywood backing under the kitchen sink area?
We were camping and went to put the slide back in. The slide locked up half way in. You are correct you take the bottom and back of the thin plywood out. You have full axis to the pipes. I do not like the set up at all. They have a big black bag over the open hole. You can in Velcro it but be careful. I was mad and cut mine out. I have to figure out a better way. I replaced the pipes and am making a spare. I did not do it on my repair but I would use a 1 1/2 swivel to connect the pipes together with.

In the pictures where the 90 degree goes into the gray tank I would use a swivel there. From the factory they do not use one. I fixed mine in a pinch and it does not leak. I am going to make another system with a swivel just in case this does not work. This way I will be ready.Click image for larger version

Name:	1020191424a.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	20961Click image for larger version

Name:	1020191424c.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	20962Click image for larger version

Name:	1020191424b.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	20963
Old 10-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #5

THOR #16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinetools1 View Post
We were camping and went to put the slide back in. The slide locked up half way in. You are correct you take the bottom and back of the thin plywood out. You have full axis to the pipes. I do not like the set up at all. They have a big black bag over the open hole. You can in Velcro it but be careful. I was mad and cut mine out. I have to figure out a better way. I replaced the pipes and am making a spare. I did not do it on my repair but I would use a 1 1/2 swivel to connect the pipes together with.

In the pictures where the 90 degree goes into the gray tank I would use a swivel there. From the factory they do not use one. I fixed mine in a pinch and it does not leak. I am going to make another system with a swivel just in case this does not work. This way I will be ready.Attachment 20961Attachment 20962Attachment 20963
In rhe pictures, where you see the pipe go into the gray tank is where the plywood hit the 90 degree pipe and broke the pipe off. I took a 4 inch grinder with a flapper emery disc and reshaped the plywood and metal so it would not hit the pipe.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
No problems with my 29m kitchen sink drain.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #7

THOR #16182
Thank you for responding! Best wishes!
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #8

THOR #16182
Thank you for adding the pictures and helping me out...im a little unclear about "the swivel"...but will check some plumbing stores and see what I can figure out...thanks again for all your help!
Old 10-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #9

THOR #16201
Quote:
Thank you for adding the pictures and helping me out...im a little unclear about "the swivel"...but will check some plumbing stores and see what I can figure out...thanks again for all your help!
I did not use one, but am setting up a spare unit just in case the stock system does not work. See the picture of the swivel piece. The 90 degree fitting would fit into this fitting. This allows the pipe to not be as rigged. The biggest thing to look at is to make sure the Wilde does not hit the pipeClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-21-13-08-18.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	20964
Old 10-21-2019, 08:21 PM   #10

THOR #16182
ahhh I see...thank you again...I appreciate all your input.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #11

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
I just used a rubber hose coupler and 2 hose clamps, 2 years ago. No issues since. Jerry
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #12

THOR #16182
Thank you!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #13

THOR #16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
I just used a rubber hose coupler and 2 hose clamps, 2 years ago. No issues since. Jerry
Very good idea....worth a look into.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #14

THOR #16182
Looked Around

Got in there last night and looked around...man it's tight in that area...when the slide is open there's a big cluster of wires, water lines, and an LP line that all feed down a rabbit hole to disperse to other areas of the coach. I don't see any possible fix that wont be affected by that wire cluster. Wondering about cutting the zip ties on the coach, separating the wires and lines to create a little space for the hose to traverse under the floor when the slide is in? thoughts??
Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #15

THOR #16182
I said "cutting the zip ties on the coach"...actually meant cutting the zip ties on the wire cluster...
Old 10-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #16

THOR #16182
Here's what I'm facing

[attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing2.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	20989[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing1.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	20988  
Old 10-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #17

THOR #16201
It is a cluster down there for sure. What I do not like is the wires are not incased in a protective lining. How long are the wires going to last before they rub through on the plywood. It is definitely a mess. I am still figuring out how I want to make it better. Let us know what you come up with.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #18

THOR #16182
yep...bet after the plywood saws those wires in half...we wont have a lick of problems with the drain hose!
Old 10-24-2019, 02:02 AM   #19

THOR #16201
Neoshocoach

Did you ever get your drain fixed. Lets see some pictures.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #20

THOR #16182
Im not doing anything to it....yet....it's a warranty issue until there is no warranty...but the dealer appears lost...Thor doesn't seem to have a clear cut fix...so wanted some ideas to float their way and appreciate all the input I've received. I have a feeling it'll be mine to fix at some point...we'll see what they come up with. Looking at your pictures I don't see the mass of wires that I am having to deal with..I see more like two white water lines in your shots. So my suggestion to them is to clear out some room, re route some of that wiring. I'm pessimistic and hopeful at the same time.

Tags
29m, grey water hose, kitchen sink, wall slide