Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2017, 12:43 AM   #41
Junior Member
 
State: California
Posts: 9
THOR #8563
We've had our brand new Thor ACE 30.2 for 20 days and have so many issues with it already. It's ridiculous. We love the layout and see ourselves camping many years in it, but they definitely need to do a better job putting it together. Some issues include: bunk on top of the front is definitely broken-it won't go up, the linoleum is bubbling up under the passenger side, one of the drawer slides is broken, 2 of the drawers don't close properly in the bedroom, the top bunk blind doesn't stay up-it slides down, the cabinet doors weren't glued properly so it came apart on a drawer and the frame behind the tv in the room, the awning is moldy and we think there's a leak in the bathroom. Called camping world and they said it will take several weeks to get everything fixed. We just got it and didn't expect it to be out of commission for so long
__________________

__________________
aflorese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #42
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw
State: Idaho
Posts: 18
THOR #8541
We bought a brand new 2017 37BG Outlaw toy hauler and have had it at the dealer 3 times for a total of four weeks to get 27 warranty issues fixed. You should be getting a survey from Thor in the mail. Be sure to fill it out and add pages specifically detailing the issues. We did and they called me. Hopefully they will get the message....
__________________

__________________
gordstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #43
Junior Member
 
State: California
Posts: 9
THOR #8563
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordstok View Post
We bought a brand new 2017 37BG Outlaw toy hauler and have had it at the dealer 3 times for a total of four weeks to get 27 warranty issues fixed. You should be getting a survey from Thor in the mail. Be sure to fill it out and add pages specifically detailing the issues. We did and they called me. Hopefully they will get the message....


We will definitely do that
__________________
aflorese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:34 PM   #44
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Virginia
Posts: 36
THOR #7007
Interesting Article

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/the-...ord-highs.html

If true, the problems described by Gerber will only get worse.
Keith
__________________
keith herrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:02 AM   #45
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 5,058
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith herrington View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/the-...ord-highs.html

If true, the problems described by Gerber will only get worse.
Keith
Parts may be true but I have never seen any campground where you were not allowed to deploy your slides.
__________________
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:24 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
DogLovers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 SynergyTT24Ming Blue
State: Indiana
Posts: 496
THOR #6280
Letter to Thor

We were/are so disappointed with poor Thor quality Mdw suggested I send them a letter. So I sent them a letter detailing all the poor quality issues, lost vacation days, days spent in misery in 108 degrees without AC on vacation and the stress and suffering their junk coach caused my family. I told them I felt duped into buying a junk coach while their sales dealer and factory rep told me what a great quality product it was and how we would love it. I told them to send me a check for $5000 to make up for the lost vacation time, suffering and additional hours traveling to their dealer for repairs. Naturally they declined to pay. They did call and offer to send any parts the dealer needed right away to "take care of my coach quickly". Replacement passenger armrest with stitching coming out on back order for the last month, may be available next month. Thor kiss my ass!
__________________
Bill & Martha more than 42 years.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella, Baxter and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
DogLovers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 SynergyTT24Ming Blue
State: Indiana
Posts: 496
THOR #6280
Blog Ad ruining site

Now Thor the people who run this blog are even putting ads in your comments. A new low even for those low people!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	6141  
__________________
Bill & Martha more than 42 years.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella, Baxter and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:31 PM   #48
gmc
Senior Member
 
gmc's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
Posts: 1,869
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Now Thor the people who run this blog are even putting ads in your comments. A new low even for those low people!
If you aren't logged in - there have always been ads at the end of some posts... Logging in as a registered user eliminates those - only the banner ad on top (smaller size than when not logged in) and along right side remain.

How do you think these sites pay for themselves?
__________________
Greg
Not yet retired...
Florida (Michigan transplant)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
If you aren't logged in - there have always been ads at the end of some posts... Logging in as a registered user eliminates those - only the banner ad on top (smaller size than when not logged in) and along right side remain.

How do you think these sites pay for themselves?
Not only that, but am I wrong in that this forum is NOT an official Thor forum and run by Thor as DogLovers stated.
__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:33 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
DogLovers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 SynergyTT24Ming Blue
State: Indiana
Posts: 496
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Not only that, but am I wrong in that this forum is NOT an official Thor forum and run by Thor as DogLovers stated.
Thanks for the ad update info. Yes. I know that
Social Knowledge, LLC
3523 McKinney Ave. #419
Dallas, Texas
877-778-7418
Runs this social media site. I suspect money flows from certain manufacturer's here to them in exchange for ad space and who knows what else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Synergy.png
Views:	104
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	6145  
__________________
Bill & Martha more than 42 years.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella, Baxter and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Thanks for the ad update info. Yes. I know that
Social Knowledge, LLC
3523 McKinney Ave. #419
Dallas, Texas
877-778-7418
Runs this social media site. I suspect money flows from certain manufacturer's here to them in exchange for ad space and who knows what else.
I guess I haven't seen Thor ads or any indication of the money flow you speak of. Obviously, they are getting ad revenue. At the top of my page is an add for Olympia metal buildings, because I have recently researched building an RV garage.

At the bottom of every page on the site it says, "ThorForums.com is not in any way associated with Thor Industries or its associated RV manufacturing divisions."

However, they might just be trying to trick us and maybe Thor launders money through companies like Olympia Steel Buildings to funnel back door funds to this site....
__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:08 PM   #52
gmc
Senior Member
 
gmc's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
Posts: 1,869
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I guess I haven't seen Thor ads or any indication of the money flow you speak of. Obviously, they are getting ad revenue. At the top of my page is an add for Olympia metal buildings, because I have recently researched building an RV garage.
The ads are thru Google Ads... and that 'big brother' is ALWAYS watching where you go and what you search on...
I expect if one were actively/recently searching on 'Thor' or visiting their site - then highly likely a Thor ad would show up...
That's Google - not Thor...
__________________
Greg
Not yet retired...
Florida (Michigan transplant)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
The ads are thru Google Ads... and that 'big brother' is ALWAYS watching where you go and what you search on...
I expect if one were actively/recently searching on 'Thor' or visiting their site - then highly likely a Thor ad would show up...
That's Google - not Thor...
Yea, exactly.

I run a forum and it's funny when someone posts something like, "I really don't think it's appropriate that you have ads for 'nasty, young Asian girls or other adult content' and someone will point out, 'you know those ads are based on your search and browser history..." Those are always hilarious moments.
__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:30 PM   #54
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Oklahoma
Posts: 34
THOR #7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
We were/are so disappointed with poor Thor quality Mdw suggested I send them a letter. So I sent them a letter detailing all the poor quality issues, lost vacation days, days spent in misery in 108 degrees without AC on vacation and the stress and suffering their junk coach caused my family. I told them I felt duped into buying a junk coach while their sales dealer and factory rep told me what a great quality product it was and how we would love it. I told them to send me a check for $5000 to make up for the lost vacation time, suffering and additional hours traveling to their dealer for repairs. Naturally they declined to pay. They did call and offer to send any parts the dealer needed right away to "take care of my coach quickly". Replacement passenger armrest with stitching coming out on back order for the last month, may be available next month. Thor kiss my ass!


We bought a 2017 Thor in March and have already traded it off. Took a big financial hicky but was so worth it. We have not found a single loose screws under cabinets or slides in our new unit (Winnebago Aspect 30J). AC works EVERYTIME! (What a novel idea)! Slides function properly! Who knew??? You all have my sincere sympathy. We've been there and feel your pain and frustration! It's inconceivable that after all the bad experiences people complain about Thor hasn't improved their quality control!
__________________
Shawbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 459
THOR #5326
I have no pain have a Windsport and had 3 warranty issues in 2 years
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #56
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Oklahoma
Posts: 34
THOR #7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
I have no pain have a Windsport and had 3 warranty issues in 2 years


That's great! Perhaps we just got a lemon. Continued fun times in your Windsport!
__________________
Shawbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
My dealer told me that orders were taking longer than normal, because they slowed down production to address quality problems. I also just read on a Thor Motor Coach Owner's Club Facebook page (was posted three weeks ago) a claim that coming from multiple reliable sources, the same thing my dealer said.

So, obviously doesn't help people with problematic coaches, but hopefully it means that there are more coaches being produced in the future (and selfishly hoping my coach) that have fewer problems. There are many very happy Thor owners, some with few to no problems, others that have enjoyed it after dealing with manufacturing issues.

https://www.facebook.com/ThorMotorCoachFamily/
__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #58
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Illinois
Posts: 93
THOR #7230
Just to chime in on Thor.
I have a 2017 Four Winds 31W.
I had to take it back to the dealer a week after I bought it for a major water leak, they fixed it while I waited.
Then I returned it to the factory to have 35 items repaired or replaced.
I was at a RV show a few weeks ago in Indy and spoke to a senior sales rep for Thor and told him all about the issues. He listened. Then he explained to me how Thor expects to build 20 thousand motor homes this year. He said the can not hire enough people to keep up. He also told me the quality of people that they can hire is a all time low. The employees dont shop up or want to go home early all the time. That said it explains how poor their workman ship is.
I do have to say that the man who did all the repair work on my motor home did a great job. To bad the quality off there production line sucks.
__________________
Tacouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #59
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 2
THOR #8621
My 2016 Thor Vegas is as bad as all of the issues I've read here but RUST is my big issue, in addition to all of the other problems! Luckily, my state has a very good "lemon law" and I'm about to embark on my quest to rid myself of this thing if they don't respond favorably. So far, getting them to respond at all has been a problem!

At the rate the main support areas of my coach are rusting, in a year or two there will be major structural issues!

My wife and I were SOOOO looking forward to retirement later this year and enjoying travelling around North America in our new coach. Looks like we'll be staying in hotels or not travelling at all.

I swear I'm not going to take the hit on this piece of crap! I've worked too hard and too long for my money to take this sitting down!
__________________
porschevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 AM   #60
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 5
THOR #8597
2018 Thor AXIS 24.1 and some annoying things...

2 week old 2018 Thor Axis 24.1 driving home as I write this with 1500 miles so far... Where to begin.

1. Entry door is off ever so slightly but enough to get stuck from time to time. There's also some gaps on the sides if you look down and the door frame in some areas are warped. This will have to go to a dealer to get looked at.
2. Bathroom door magnet didn't line up right so it would open while driving. (Fixed by removing the door and raising it half an inch so it properly lines up and stays shut)
3. Loose sofa armrest/cup holder, removed and looked inside to find Doritos bag thrown there. EMPTY! (Tightened and repaired with industrial hardware)
4. Table leg posts did not line up to table itself (Removed mounts and realined)
5. Air conditioner vertical stopper came loose causing air not to bank on one side. (Removed cover and reset with more ducting tape) Works as should now.
6. Front windshield wipers are reversed so driver side stops right in front of eye site during use; instead of all the way to the side like the passenger side. Not sure if I'll takle this myself or have a dealer do it.
7. TV above door mounted crooked. (Removed TV and realined mount)
8. Waste swiveling valve stuck. (Removed/reinstalled and tightened properly)
9. Cabinets mis aligned everywhere. (Fixing them as I go)
10. Cable TV for main cabinet has a bad connection where it starts and not at the TV. Other TV's work perfect. (Assuming the coax is loose where it splits from the connection outside.)
11. Water heater randomly kicks off so I have to go outside to manually turn it on and off.
12. Locks outside have no rhyme or reason some turn left to lock, others turn right. (I'll have to rotate them the proper way when I get home)
13. Random screws that are loose and aren't anchored properly. (But I expected this)
14. Somewhat loose driver and passenger seats but I think this is as designed to mimick haveing springs under butt. (Will verify with other units)
15. Tracks ok but the steering wheel is a little cock-eyed (Getting allignment and a few other items installed to fix this and more.
16.Noticable putty areas under light where whomever was working on the unit made mistakes. But now I'm really being nit picky.

That's it so far... This was a direct customer order so you'd think they would take a little more care than this. I did get an amazing deal so I'm willing to put up with minor inconvienences but this is border line, even in my book. Do I like the unit and it's potential? Absolutely... Once It gets to where it should be.

Bottom line - Thor needs to employ an operations guy that can drop the hammer on people that aren't up to snuff, regardless of talent. Or properly train them with incentives. Heck, I'd move to Indiana for the right monies... Personally, sell 10 units at top quality for the asking price than 20 that are half assed making less then the 10. Make your name known as the one stop shop for quality. Thor needs a hammer for sure.
__________________

__________________
M3NTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×