Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Thor's Superior Customer Service

I had to have our new coach repaired in South Dakota on July 23rd because the loss of 120v power issue General RV fixed wasn't fixed. I had to pay out $442.99 to have the entire power box replaced and that fixed the problem. I called Thor ahead of time and they told me to go ahead and have it fixed and to send them the receipt for reimbursement. Well it got fixed and paid for on July 23rd, I sent the email and receipt to Thor warranty as directed on July 31st, today is August 6th and Thor hasn't even acknowledged the repair by answering the email. Yeah I know they will eventually pay but their service is very slow and suckey!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Synergy.png
Views:	132
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	6221  

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:26 AM   #82

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Virginia
THOR #7007
Not so happy right now...

Reference my original post, #33.

Called the dealer for an update regarding the warranty issues. Was told that all of them had been approved except one, replacing the roof which is delaminating. I've been asked to bring the unit back to the dealer (a four hour drive) for them to take additional pictures so Thor Central can make "a more informed decision". I'm taking it back later this week. While it's in their hands I'll be talking with my lawyer to see exactly what my options are. Trying to keep an open mind, but one way or the other I will be driving to Cody, Wyoming in my RV in September.

Keith
Old 08-08-2017, 02:08 AM   #83

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith herrington View Post
Reference my original post, #33.

Called the dealer for an update regarding the warranty issues. Was told that all of them had been approved except one, replacing the roof which is delaminating. I've been asked to bring the unit back to the dealer (a four hour drive) for them to take additional pictures so Thor Central can make "a more informed decision". I'm taking it back later this week. While it's in their hands I'll be talking with my lawyer to see exactly what my options are. Trying to keep an open mind, but one way or the other I will be driving to Cody, Wyoming in my RV in September.

Keith
Sorry you're having issues with your Thor (Crappy) motor home. Hope you enjoy your trip to Wyoming. We got back last week after a week in South Dakota and visiting Devil's Tower in Wyoming. It was a good time. It's good to vent. Let us all know what your lawyer says. I would be interested in a little class action suit. :-) Who the heck wants to drive hours to get stuff fixed that shouldn't be wrong in the first place?
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #84

THOR #6280
More thor quality

This is a letter I got from Thor today. I removed my name and address along with part of the vin number.

First of all look at the letterhead. No address just their logo. Secondly, look at the bottom of the letter. No name of the sender just broad non accountable "customer service". Third I have never owned a Thor Quantum but in fact own a 2017 Thor Synergy.

I did send a certified letter of complaint to Thor dated July 6, 2017. They called me back in July to address it "Jaime Rienks" in their customer service department. With all the coach issues I ended up emailing with her back and fourth several times the last two of which she has never replied to. More good Thor customer service. The letter states Ms. Reinks did process my reimbursement claim for over $400 in repairs I paid out of pocket when out of town. That's a lie. She did not. I called a few days ago and spoke to another guy in customer service who advised it was noted but never processed and they wanted the old part and I was to send it to them. They/she never told me that so I sent it and he is going to see I get a check. So she never told me to send in the old part and never processed the refund. I also emailed her weeks ago about a missing remote control, she never answered that email so I called another person in Thor customer service and he sent it. In another email to her I asked about permission to take my coach for warranty repairs to a dealer closer to me, she replied she would look into it and I never heard from her again even though I sent her a reminder email. THIS IS THE SAME PERSON THIS LETTER IS TELLING ME TO DEAL WITH? OH HELL NO!

Wrong RV on letter, wrong information, wrong reply. Typical Thor crap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	THR.png
Views:	192
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	6381  
Old 08-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #85

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
I find it interesting to see the completely stark differences in customer experience with Thor. I certainly I experience what most seem to report, which is a very helpful department.

Does it vary by Thor rep? Coach/department? Customer they are dealing with?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #86

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
I to dealt with Jaime and she was a hit or miss with responding especially via email. I kept calling until I finally got her on the phone and then she dealt with my issues.
This may sound weird but I am glad my coach is no longer in warranty and I do not have to deal with Thor. I went through at least 3-4 different folks at Thor during my warranty. One guy left the company for health reasons, one guy left for whatever reason, another person never responded and then Jaime. Except for one time, once someone leaves, they do not seem to follow up with customers that that "gone" person was dealing with.
Now I at least know that if I have an issue, I am either fixing it myself or taking it somewhere local to have addressed. My Ford chassis warranty is still in effect and I have at least two Ford dealers nearby that can handle these chassis'.
There are two brands I will never buy from again. Thor and Forest River.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #87

State: California
THOR #8563
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
This is a letter I got from Thor today. I removed my name and address along with part of the vin number.

First of all look at the letterhead. No address just their logo. Secondly, look at the bottom of the letter. No name of the sender just broad non accountable "customer service". Third I have never owned a Thor Quantum but in fact own a 2017 Thor Synergy.

I did send a certified letter of complaint to Thor dated July 6, 2017. They called me back in July to address it "Jaime Rienks" in their customer service department. With all the coach issues I ended up emailing with her back and fourth several times the last two of which she has never replied to. More good Thor customer service. The letter states Ms. Reinks did process my reimbursement claim for over $400 in repairs I paid out of pocket when out of town. That's a lie. She did not. I called a few days ago and spoke to another guy in customer service who advised it was noted but never processed and they wanted the old part and I was to send it to them. They/she never told me that so I sent it and he is going to see I get a check. So she never told me to send in the old part and never processed the refund. I also emailed her weeks ago about a missing remote control, she never answered that email so I called another person in Thor customer service and he sent it. In another email to her I asked about permission to take my coach for warranty repairs to a dealer closer to me, she replied she would look into it and I never heard from her again even though I sent her a reminder email. THIS IS THE SAME PERSON THIS LETTER IS TELLING ME TO DEAL WITH? OH HELL NO!

Why would they tell you to take it to a specific dealer? We purchased our 2017 ACE in Texas (because it was cheaper over there) and live in Wisconsin. We purchased it on July 8. By the end of July, we had so many issues with it that we had to take it in for repairs. I called our dealer in Texas to find out where to take it for the repairs and they said anyone that sold Thor. It's currently at a camping world in Wisconsin getting repaired (for the past 2 weeks) I don't understand why they would send you to a dealer that's so far away, unless it's the closest to you....
Old 08-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #88
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:

FYI nothing is removed from that letter. Did you post the wrong scan?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #89

THOR #6280
@Tfryman. Yep sure did. Lol anyone considering stalking me should know I'm an ardent First Amender with an awesome assault rifle collection. I patrol my property in blackout gear and rifle 4 nights a week. You guess which 4. 😎
Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #90

Model: Ace 29.6
THOR #8798
I have to agree with you. We purchased a 2017 Thor ACE had it one week and it was in the dealer service bay 4 weeks for non existent QC problems. My list was at 15 items and some the dealer could not take care of, I've done them myself. There was no QC on my coach, Thor service and sales are worthless too. Theyouldnt even tell me where the water shutoff valve was! They blame the dealer. We like the coach setup but ironing out these initial problems are something else.
Jol912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #91

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
There are two brands I will never buy from again. Thor and Forest River. QUOTE
That leaves you basically NO choice, those ARE the rv industry, 90%+/- between the two.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #92

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Fleetwood, Winnebago, Newmar, Tiffin, etc. Maybe someday they will join Thor or Forest River.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #93

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
@Tfryman. Yep sure did. Lol anyone considering stalking me should know I'm an ardent First Amender with an awesome assault rifle collection. I patrol my property in blackout gear and rifle 4 nights a week. You guess which 4. 😎
Dogman,
You will be perfectly safe with the folks on this forum, no need to let us know about your tactics and your ardent support for the 1st and 2nd Amendments. I am sure you have a lot of company on the last issues.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #94

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Quote:
@Tfryman. Yep sure did. Lol anyone considering stalking me should know I'm an ardent First Amender with an awesome assault rifle collection. I patrol my property in blackout gear and rifle 4 nights a week. You guess which 4. [emoji41]

You say that like it was considered a bad thing .....
At least you know when the zombie apocalypse hits, and you can't run away in your broken Thor, you can fight it out ! Lol
Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #95

State: Europe
THOR #5486
We purchased our 2017 Thor 31e, we have had a number of issues, we where NC headed to Florida, driving at night without any warning all the lights turned off, they where off for 2 minutes, after 3 visits to the ford dealer I think they finally fixed it. I've had it back to the Thor dealer 3 times to fix a lot of the other issues, like the back window leaking, water coming out one of the outlets, kitchen counter cracked, door molding cracked, the shower and sink was not sealed. Some of the issues I fixed was when you pulled out the drawers they would fall off the runners, auto level system didn't work. For the suspension I've added hellwig away bars and billstein shocks
Old 08-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #96

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Wow and I do mean Wow.

I purchased a 2017 Thor A.C.E. 30.2 last December at CW in Bartow, Fl. I've driven it about 6000 miles since then. I have had some small issues but nothing like what I have been reading here. I am trying to figure out if I have been lucky so far, if all are bad and mine is a ticking time bomb, or there are a few lemons delivered by every manufacturer from time to time. I hope it is the latter.
We have only had to call Thor once and they were extremely pleasant and responsive. Dumb luck again? I hope not. Only time will tell, but until the bomb goes off we couldn't be happier with our purchase. Ten times better than the Forest River Georgetown we traded in.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #97

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
@Tfryman. Yep sure did. Lol anyone considering stalking me should know I'm an ardent First Amender with an awesome assault rifle collection. I patrol my property in blackout gear and rifle 4 nights a week. You guess which 4. ��
"Never let anyone outside the family know what your thinking" Don Corleone
Old 08-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #98

State: Europe
THOR #5486
I have contacted Thor with all these issues. They end up referring me to the dealer, or the manufacturer of that component. Even with issues we still like our RV, and haven't seen a floor plan we like any better. We have put ~5,000 miles on it so far no new issues.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #99

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
I have found Thor to be helpful courteous and responsive. Not perfect but willing. I have had a few issues that should be fixed under warranty but it was easier to fix them myself. I do not have time or space in my life for anger like some folks have. Good luck folks.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:10 PM   #100

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
"Never let anyone outside the family know what your thinking" Don Corleone
Perfectly said.