Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #7943
Quantum 31

My voltage light for the residential fridge starting flashing and alarming on trip home. The RV is less that one month old.
Any help here on troubleshooting?

Old 07-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #2

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
We are still learning about our Quantum WS31. The coach batteries were bad (bought with 1400 miles and sat without a charger or plugged in) and the volt readout flashed 11.7 volts when plugged into shore power. Most times even when purchased new the coach batteries have been neglected and are no good.
Also, I believe the "use/storage" switch needs to be in the use position for the coach batteries to recieve a charge from the engine alternator. Hope this is of some help.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:03 AM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Since the inverter was running - sounds like the switch was in 'Use'... in that case the engine alternator SHOULD be charging the house batteries...
But with the low voltage alarm - I assume the batteries were dying...

I would have the house batteries tested - if the house battery voltage dropped too much (couldn't keep up), the system would isolate the coach from the chassis - to protect the chassis battery... and could result in what you saw...

Trying to come up with what else could cause that.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #4

THOR #7943
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
We are still learning about our Quantum WS31. The coach batteries were bad (bought with 1400 miles and sat without a charger or plugged in) and the volt readout flashed 11.7 volts when plugged into shore power. Most times even when purchased new the coach batteries have been neglected and are no good.
Also, I believe the "use/storage" switch needs to be in the use position for the coach batteries to recieve a charge from the engine alternator. Hope this is of some help.
House batteries were bad. I replaced with the blue top Optima Thanks for your response
Old 07-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #5

THOR #7943
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Since the inverter was running - sounds like the switch was in 'Use'... in that case the engine alternator SHOULD be charging the house batteries...
But with the low voltage alarm - I assume the batteries were dying...

I would have the house batteries tested - if the house battery voltage dropped too much (couldn't keep up), the system would isolate the coach from the chassis - to protect the chassis battery... and could result in what you saw...

Trying to come up with what else could cause that.
bad house batteries I replaced them with blue top Optima