Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6431
Question about kitchen slide 2016 challenger 37KT

This is the first rv we got with slides and my question is the front 2 slides operate smooth but when I close the kitchen slide when it gets half way closed it seems like the motors start to strain when the slide hits the rollers then it pulls in the rest of the way. I checked the rollers and two of them had the plastic working itself off. I fixed that and pulled the wood scraps and pieces of wire and such out of the tracks just wondering if this is normal.
Thanks

Old 03-14-2017, 01:21 AM   #2

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarol View Post
This is the first rv we got with slides and my question is the front 2 slides operate smooth but when I close the kitchen slide when it gets half way closed it seems like the motors start to strain when the slide hits the rollers then it pulls in the rest of the way. I checked the rollers and two of them had the plastic working itself off. I fixed that and pulled the wood scraps and pieces of wire and such out of the tracks just wondering if this is normal.
Thanks
I have a 2017 Challenger 37LX and the slides seemed to pull a little when coming in. I used the remote and looked at each roller and found 3 that were slightly too tight. I loosened them just a little so they rolled just fine. I have not had a problem since then. Then, I pulled out all of the drawers and vacuumed up all of the residual manufacturing leftovers with a shop vac (sawdust, screws, pieces of wood, etc) to make sure that nothing got in the way.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Part of the rough and jerky retract action is due to slide lifting. Extra motor effort is needed to get it raised up enough to clear the floor. Not sure how new three trac system works.