Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #8583
Questions on DVD and air conditioner

Hello we have just purchased a new Vegas 2017 25.5 model and was told that the DVD player in the Dash could switch over to the main TV, does anyone know how to do this? Also has anyone had trouble with their air-conditioning keeping up in temperatures of 80-90 degrees? I do understand anything higher would become a problem. Thank you for any assistance. We do like the coach very much so far and it drives nice.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieman60 View Post
Hello we have just purchased a new Vegas 2017 25.5 model and was told that the DVD player in the Dash could switch over to the main TV, does anyone know how to do this? Also has anyone had trouble with their air-conditioning keeping up in temperatures of 80-90 degrees? I do understand anything higher would become a problem. Thank you for any assistance. We do like the coach very much so far and it drives nice.
Sadly you were told incorrectly: You can't send the video from the dash radio to any of the TV's (unless they have added something but this is not a feature that has been included in any Axis or Vegas to date).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I have posted this mod several times because it works! Add a vent to your inside AC cover and you will get a lot more airflow. The vent is available on Amazon and is easy to install. Increased airflow = increased cooling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	6142

Here is a link to the vent: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #4

THOR #8583
Thank you for your time and information, we really do appreciate it!
Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #5

THOR #8583
Thank you for the information , I'm disappointed in the salesman that said this was possible.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:35 AM   #6

THOR #8583
has anyone else done this and will it void the warranty?
Old 08-01-2017, 03:31 AM   #7

THOR #5196
Quote:
has anyone else done this and will it void the warranty?
Making this mod to your AC will not void your warranty. You are not making a mechanical or electrical modification.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:45 AM   #8
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
We were told that you can run a hdmi cable from the radio to your TV. We have not tried it as we had an extra dvd player at home and attach it to whichever TV we want to view a movie on...and we do not watch movies while moving down the road. However, I realize having children creates different needs.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:00 AM   #9

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Our main tv works on 12 volts and I bought a blu Ray DVD that has the converter cord for 12 volts. Works great for the grandkids to watch movies while traveling. No generator needed
Old 08-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Nieman,
At least on our 2016 Vegas 24.1 the Axerra dash radio's DVD is not connected to any of the house TV's.
BUT, if you take the panel off over the radio you will find RCA connectors just laying there (RYW colored plugs) that are ment to do just what you were told was done. The problems are: as such that you will not have HD quality picture, you need to get some long RCA extensions and then figure where to run the cables to reach the TV's. Once you get it run to your Sieki TV you will plug into the RYW RCA plugs on the back of the TV. With that done, then you should be able to access the playback using the soucre button on the TV remote and it should be either VGA or Component A/V (not sure since I went a different way to get BluRay/DVD to inside and outside TVs).

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #11

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Tv & ac

Everyone here is correct. The dash radio DVD player won't help you with the coach TV's. You will need to buy a DVD player to hook up to your tv system. They are cheap enough these days you may want to get one for each tv or you can of course use one DVD player for all your TV's. As for roof mounted AC they are almost all inadequate at cooling your coach. This is why some larger rigs and even smaller ones too have two or more roof units. Newer units are starting to come with a slide vent option inside on the AC unit to boost direct cool air into your rig by passing most if not all ducts. Even with this feature on very warm days they will not cool your rig enough. We don't have the roof space to add an additional AC so we use two small fans to assist moving air around in the coach. The chassis AC helps when driving and at camp sites we always get a spot under trees to help shade the coach and that helps the most.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	6155  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #12

THOR #5196
If you look at my picture I have the slide vents too, but adding the round vent increased airflow by quite a bit plus with the round vent you can direct the air where you need it.