Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #19918
Question radio/camera not working

Hi, I have a 2018 Thor Four Winds 28Z. Prior to winterizing everything worked. Then in May when we dewinterized the radio/back up camera (Axxera) would not turn on. I have checked the fuses and pushed the reset button to no avail. On top of that our stabilizer jacks will not work. We have power to the jacks according to a voltage regulator and we checked the connections at the buttons inside the door. Any suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated. I don't plan on towing until October so I have time to work on it. TYIA

Old 08-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
This happened to me once, my dog had hit the use/store switch. Switched it back to use and all was fine.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:28 AM   #3

Model: 24HE Freedom Elite
State: California
THOR #19344
Use/ store switch for the radio and camera.

I had a similar problem with my jacks not working. Took it to the dealer and then the pass jack didn't work while the driver did. Took it to an independent rv repair shop and they work great now. Thors are notorious for electrical gremlins
Old 08-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 29M
State: California
THOR #16796
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjslifeline View Post
Hi, I have a 2018 Thor Four Winds 28Z. Prior to winterizing everything worked. Then in May when we dewinterized the radio/back up camera (Axxera) would not turn on. I have checked the fuses and pushed the reset button to no avail. On top of that our stabilizer jacks will not work. We have power to the jacks according to a voltage regulator and we checked the connections at the buttons inside the door. Any suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated. I don't plan on towing until October so I have time to work on it. TYIA
Press the enter and retract buttons at the same time on the jacks panel. This will reset the system. Had the same problem with the radio. I removed the radio and unplugged it from the back. Replugged it in and it worked .
Old 11-14-2020, 02:28 AM   #5

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #19918
Problems solved

Just wanted to update everyone on my issues. Apparently there were several issues and once fixed everything works now. First the house batteries were doa. Didn’t realize they would die so soon. Told the originals are cheapos. Second there was a bad fuse by the house batteries. Third there is apparently another fuse behind the fuse panel in the bedroom that means taking the fuse panel out to get to it! Now my radio works so the cameras work. The stabilizer jacks function and the refrigerator runs on propane while going down the road.
Definitely finding that there is a lot to learn!