Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2021, 08:56 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChaps View Post
Did you recently have your batteries drain on you? I left my parking lights on overnight, and it killed the car and house batteries. I am not in a place where I can plug in and charge the house batteries. I got a jump and the car battery is working fine now, but the house batteries are still dead. Took a good 2 hours drive and they are still dead. Wondering if the converter is shot. I have that same issue, Use button was pushed, but no house power, so no radio or camera power.
You found the short comings of the BIRD system. The Trombetta module must see a voltage greater than 10 volts in the house battery bank to close the relay, and supply alternator power to the house batteries, otherwise, it assumes there are no house batteries installed. I suspect the same is true if you have a BIM. The alternater uses engine power to produce 12 volts DC and the converter uses 120 volts AC to produce 12 volts DC

To charge the house batteries using the generator or shore power, the latching relay must be in the use or on position. The latching relay switch uses house battery power to move the position of the latching relay. If you are handy you can jumper the latching relay to pass converter power to the house batteries. You must have the generator running or on shore power to charge the house batteries with the converter and the use/store switch in use position (master power - on).

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:19 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleybell View Post
So if that’s the case it woul eliminate any fuse in the Ford block? The only two fuse I found for radio was one in the Ford block marked radio, which was good. And one
In the main breaker 12V box marked bedroom radio which was good and the bedroom radio works. I pulled the fuse to make sure and the bedroom radio went off. Thanks and I’ll keep looking.
PS. in an earlier thread I meant only the radio might be junk. I know the cameras are separate but if it doesn’t work your SOL.
My 2015 had an inline fuse in the radio harness that was accessible from the top of the dash when the top dash section was removed. The camera feeds are control through the ignition system because the key must be on to get a camera signal. I believe I posted pictures of this back around 2015.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:22 PM   #23

Model: Challenger LX
State: Missouri
THOR #15534
Was the in-line fuse a typical 2 pronged fuse and holder or a glass fuse and holder. I saw a couple of connectors that looked like the glass fuse but not exactly as I remember them looking. Looked more like a connector and a little bigger than a glass fuse holder.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:44 PM   #24

THOR #15534
Ok nice people. Have a little more info to add to my problem. The little button marked mode which is also the on off switch on the radio is illuminated blue.
When I push the little reset button it will go out the come back on. Also when I turn the use/store button off it will go out. Sooooo evidently there is juice going to it from the house batteries. Any ideas are welcome
Thanks
DD
Old 04-09-2021, 11:47 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
These is also a fuse in the battery compartment, at least there is on my 29m. The wire broke on mine. To access it I had to crawl under the coach to see the the fuse

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:34 AM   #26

THOR #15534
Battery compartment as in the house batteries? If so I have checked it. It is a 15 amp and was good.
Thanks for the reply
DD
Old 04-14-2021, 09:13 PM   #27
Kgg

State: Wisconsin
THOR #8158
Something with mine pulled the radio out it was a lose connection.you hear about lose connections all the time on Thor products
Old 04-14-2021, 09:35 PM   #28

THOR #3156
Quote:
Battery compartment as in the house batteries? If so I have checked it. It is a 15 amp and was good.
Thanks for the reply
DD
Yes house batteries. Mine had a broken wire. Hmmm.
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-14-2021, 09:36 PM   #29

THOR #3156
Maybe the radio just died
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #30
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Ok nice people. Have a little more info to add to my problem. The little button marked mode which is also the on off switch on the radio is illuminated blue.
When I push the little reset button it will go out the come back on. Also when I turn the use/store button off it will go out. Sooooo evidently there is juice going to it from the house batteries. Any ideas are welcome
Thanks
DD
Get a voltmeter and learn how to use it. Harbor Freight used to give them away but now they cost a few dollars. YouTube university is free.
Go to the radio connector and see if you have 12 VDC to ground where you are supposed to have it (2 places). If so, the radio is bad. If not, now you know which direction to start looking. Much quicker than conducting an Easter Egg hunt for fuses that may or may not exist in your coach and which may not even be the problem.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:07 AM   #31

State: Alabama
THOR #12567
Reset switch

Try the pinhole reset switch on the control panel. You can use the end of a paper clip.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:58 AM   #32

Model: Vegas Windsport Chateau C
State: Texas
THOR #14643
Back of the radio fuse?

Could be the fuse in the back of the radio
Radio is easy to remove. Two thin butter knives or putty knives on either side and push it from behind
If the fuse is good and it has 12 v at the fuse and all the wires that should have 12v and the radio won’t come on, unusually a bad radio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF0AC3A4-7849-4777-8193-26E54D06C835.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	29783  
Old 04-15-2021, 02:56 AM   #33

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Quote:
RV Wife. Thanks for the suggestion. Can you tell me a little more on
Where the fuse was located. I have checked the two fuse boxes under
The dash. The only thing I have found is one fuse in the Ford fuse box
That says radio. I haven’t seen anything that say radio/audio.
Thanks
DD
Apologies on not answering sooner. The fuse that DH pulled and rechecked was in the fuse box in the "hallway" of the coach; the panel with the door located down near floor level (below the furnace, I think) and relatively accessible. We didn't pull the radio out or do any crawling behind assorted places to hunt for a fuse. It was, fortunately, the relatively obvious option.

Once the radio had power again there was a small menu that popped up on screen. Sorry I don't remember all the options (bluetooth, HDMI, and one or two others that didn't mean much to this slightly tech impaired dinosaur that I am). One of the options was "radio." Once I selected that, the sound came back and the radio has been fully functional since then. Wish I could give you better details but it's been one of those weeks and my brain is having too many senior moments. You might have to try playing with your screen options a bit. Hope it works for you.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:06 AM   #34

State: New York
THOR #9586
Pull the radio out. Make sure all wires are plugged in. Flip over radio. There is a hidden fuse in the under side. Might have to upgrade from 5 to a 10. I had same problem after 2 replacement radios
Old 04-16-2021, 02:21 AM   #35

Model: 25.4
THOR #7440
that fuse on the back of the radio is hard to see an pulling it is your only option, I think its a 15 amp fuse
Old 04-16-2021, 12:26 PM   #36

Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Exclamation

In post #24 above, the OP says that the mode button lights up, so obviously the radio is getting power, but the screen is blank. Mine has done that in the past when the mode is set for something not present; in my case that is Sirius/XM. When it does that, if I touch the upper left corner of the screen, the icons for all the features appear, and the radio works as designed.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:14 PM   #37

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #19918
Had a similar problem in my motor home last year it was a loose ground wire. Can’t tell you where because they fixed it at the RV shop. Good Luck!
Old 04-16-2021, 06:45 PM   #38

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Thanks
DD
The radio has two power sources, one for memory and one for main power.
Do you have a BCC under the hood, Thor runs the fused power from it for the radios.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 PM   #39

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Colorado
THOR #18651
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
House batteries for radio
2018 Miramar, Axxera System, touchscreen radio, w/ back up and side cameras not working

Tried turning on the House Power switch next to the entry steps, everything works fine

Sometimes its easy
Old 04-16-2021, 10:01 PM   #40

State: Utah
THOR #19862
Quote:
2017 Thor Challenger XE Rear and side cameras and radio not working.
Checked every fuse I could find. All good.
Anyone know exactly where the fuse may be
I could have missed.?
Radio is a axxera with touchscreen. Does not have navigation.
I have tried resetting it with little reset button. No luck.
Checked fuses in battery compartment,under hood, two boxes under
Dash and 12 volt in main circuit box.
Thanks
DD
My Tellaro did the same thing. I went through the same exercise. Powered off converter AND inverter and it all came back on
👍