Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2023, 10:23 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
Have slide cover, FYI.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:44 PM   #22

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEasTexas View Post
Appears to be sealed on top/corners. Going to recheck. Haven't notice any gaps.
If nothing else you can schedule a “pressure” test at a dealer to see where it bubbles.
Old 01-14-2023, 11:45 PM   #23

THOR #22781
Possible alternative, thanks.
Old 01-15-2023, 05:59 AM   #24

State: Montana
THOR #4727
Water leaks

2015Thor Ace. We have one slide that leaks when the slide is in the other leaks when it’s out. In addition we have had eight other leaks some which were not noticeable until rot showed up. Purchased used with 2000 miles on it, no warranty. Combined with other issues in my opinion it comes down to lack of quality control at Thor.
I hope you can get the leaks resolved I never could get the slide leaks figured out.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #25

THOR #22781
I appreciate your frustration our MH was at the dealership the first year more than we had it or could use it. Lack of quality and poor workmanship results in an inferior product.

Fortunately Thor through another dealership not where we purchased it, resolved most issues within the warranty period.

I expect issues with any RV but this leak is mind game.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:36 PM   #26

State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Similar water leak

On my Vegas 24.1 I had a similar water leak. Checked ceiling, and found nothing throughout RV. I sprayed a garden hose above window, and water was seeping in along the inside frame, leaving me to believe that the window seal was leaking. But when I climed a step ladder to the top of window, I found a pin hole just above the window seal at the corner of the window. I filled hole with a clear waterproof adhesive. It required two application to stop the leak.
Old 01-15-2023, 05:08 PM   #27

THOR #22781
Thanks good info.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:26 PM   #28

State: California
THOR #22924
Following - same exact issues with out 2020 Thor Delano. Slide in, leak. Slide out, no leak. Initially, I saw it on the floor by the driver's seat/front end. After the 2nd attempt to fix, it came off the top of the slide towards the drivers seat (slide in).

Dealer tried to find it and did reseal that corner mentioned above. No help.

I've changed repair shops and they have tried twice. I'll be checking after this rain. I'm thinking that it is something around that top seal (seals have been checked).

I'll be watching this thread for any more updates and suggestions.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:30 PM   #29

THOR #22781
Thanks, if you get resolution please let me know.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:07 AM   #30

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Had a leak from the slideout, when slideout was in. Nothing with slideout extended. Leak was on outside trim around the slide.
I had the same problem you describe and discovered the facia trim all along the bottom wasn't sealed. I figured it out by having my wife spray the slide while I squatted under it. I could then see the water dripping from the bottom of the slide. It was coming down the outside, seeping along the facia trim, getting under the material underneath the slide and dripping from any hole in the material it could find.

It obviously wouldn't cause an issue when the slide was out. Once I ran a bead of calk along the entire length of the facia trim, I haven't had a problem since... Nearly 3 years.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:37 AM   #31

THOR #22781
Thanks will reseal.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:29 PM   #32

Model: 2022 Chateau 31W
State: Florida
THOR #24543
Jim, have a '22 31W, am curious if you ever found out where the leak was. I poked around on mine, and only thing I could think of is that side rubber seal that is supposed to flip in and out when the slide is in or out. If that's not moving back in fully when retracting the correct way, might be making an unnoticeable open area when slide is in vs out. I know the slide seal itself should be stopping water when retracted, so I'm definitely grasping at straws with above. In any event, still curious what you may have found so I can keep lookout for same. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:46 PM   #33

THOR #22781
I have resealed the bottom facia joints on the outside of the slide. When the temperature gets above 60 will reseal the top joints.

We had a terrific rain/wind storm yesterday had some leakage on the floor under the slide by the step up transition on the bedroom side. (Slide out in)

It's frustrating but will keep pursuing.

Thanks will keep you posted.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:43 PM   #34

Model: 2022 Chateau 31W
State: Florida
THOR #24543
Ok, well if by that area, for sure check the following if you haven't already: behind that access panel under the two drawers on the pantry, there is a connector to the grey water tank from the sink. I had leakage from there when using the sink as when the slide goes in or out it shifted and it had to be reconnected. Doesn't sound like an issue for you especially if not in use during leak, but good to check anyway, have heard others have had that issue. I had to use warranty to get it fixed, then after that I've had to tinker with it a few times as it still drips.

Additionally, there is a material there that is supposed to act as a seal/barrier for protecting from the outside by the tank bay, that has been schwecko on me before and air and water has gotten in that way. It gets all messed up just from using the slide. Just two more possible things to check.

Good luck in finding it, I'm dealing with a water leak myself in the overhead cab area at the window. Found it last weekend. Have to pull out window and re-butyl it, then I'm going to seal the you know what out of it after back in as we don't even use that area except for storage. Unfortunately, looks like it may have been leaking for a while as there is some light rust on the window arm. Again, good luck to you sir.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:20 PM   #35

THOR #22781
Thanks very good input, will check these areas.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:48 PM   #36

State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Thanks for all the replies. I found a pinhole above window about a half inch above the window seal. I put on a sealant, two coverages, and leak stopped. The pink stains I saw on the floor was from the RV wash I used to wash RV, a few weeks before I discovered the water stains on floor.