Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4589
Unhappy Raised Bed Above Cockpit

Hi Everyone, I am a new RV'r and I purchased a 2016 Thor Axis 25.1 only 3 weeks ago and I'm suddenly having a problem with the raised bed. I've been on 2 trips already and haven't had any problems until yesterday when I was trying to raise the bed to prepare to leave the campground. The side above the driver's seat wasn't going up as fast as the passenger side and I wasn't able to get it to line up with the holes to put in the safety pin. When I got home and locked it up for the night the driver's side was down about 3/4", but just about an hour ago I went into the RV and found the driver's side down about 4 or 5". All power is off and we are not plugged in so I'm not sure how it came down. Besides this fact, I'm sure that because it is uneven it is causing undue pressure on the passenger side components. I don't know what to do at this point.. any one have any experience with this??

Old 07-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
There is a Lippert You Tube showing how to synchronize the motors. I don't have access to my computer but if you go to You Tube and search for Lippert Synchronize Bunk Motors it should come up.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #3

Model: Axis 25.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4589
Thank you!! I took your advice but couldn't find a video, so I googled "Lippert synchronize bunk motors" and found a manual online. It had me locate the controller which was in the cabinet above the sink and behind a false wall. It then recommended to manually override the motors by pressing the mode button 6 times then holding it on 7, until the lights started flashing. Then it said to use the button to lift the bed and hold it until the motor shuts itself off. Then exit the manual override mode. I didn't really understand this manual mode because on e I pressed the button it was the motors that brought the bed up to the ceiling, which it said would also reset the motors. Either way, IT WORKED!!! I have since lowered the bed and raised it a few times and all is good!! This is my first troubleshoot success as a new RV'r!!
Old 07-18-2016, 11:12 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Good job... Make sure you raise and lower it (and open and close your slide) the whole way without stopping and hold the button 3-4 seconds after the slide stops moving to allow the motors to sync each time.