Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2021, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #21958
rapid camp remote

Thor 35 SD has a remote that hangs on the wall and can control most of the interior functions. It isn't charging and can't find a tool to open the damn thing and replace the batteries.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Ron

Old 02-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongoade View Post
Thor 35 SD has a remote that hangs on the wall and can control most of the interior functions. It isn't charging and can't find a tool to open the damn thing and replace the batteries.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Ron
You have no rig info in your profile and unsure of the year. New or Used?
Mine has a separate charger. I found it in the 'Thor' bag that contains the paperwork and manuals. Hope that helps.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Ron
My rapid camp used a standard micro usb code plugged into the bottom of the remote.

Never used the rapid camp because it was garbage.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I could be wrong (since I don’t own a rapid camp system), but I suspect Lippert will say the battery cannot be replaced and you may be forced to purchase a replacement remote. You could try calling them first to confirm that no battery replacement is possible.
There is a video on Utube describing how one person used a modified USB cable and USB remote battery pack (5VDC) to hard wire to the old battery terminals in their rapid camp remote control.......but it may not be the unit you have; and may not be a very convenient or appealing solution for many folks.

If you confirm that battery replacement is not possible from Lippert officially, then if it were mine I would check for any screws in the rear of the remote (may be obvious; may be under rubber feet; may be under glue on tags). If no screws are used to hold the remote halves together, then you may have to carefully pry open the case with a pocket knife or thin plastic tools intended for that kind of purpose. Once inside, see if you can identify the battery part number/manufacturer and see if you can find a similar item on eBay/Amazon (physical size and voltage) etc. An example of a 3.7vdc rechargeable battery for a dash cam, on eBay, is attached FYI......but you would need to match your remote battery voltage specs etc. and may have to adapt, solder wires etc. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122795956848
Old 02-18-2021, 08:39 PM   #5

State: Oklahoma
THOR #21958
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
My rapid camp used a standard micro usb code plugged into the bottom of the remote.

Never used the rapid camp because it was garbage.
Got it, thanks so much.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:08 AM   #6

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
Ours came with a charger as described in an earlier reply.
I love ours. Use it every time for set up and pack up.
Works great.
It will need a recharge depending on use but the slides will be the first to show loss of charge due to use.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Missouri
THOR #26047
Quote:

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Ron
My remote will not hold a charge either. Were you able to resolve your remote issue? Please share what you did
Old 03-30-2022, 01:54 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds 31E
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #26222
I posted a thread about changing the battery pack. Search for Rapid Camp. It’s not difficult if you are mechanically inclined.