Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2021, 01:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #23260
Slides won’t work after working under dashboard

Good morning,

I can’t seem to get any of my slides working after trying to repair the pioneer avh-p1400 radio in my 2015 four winds class c. I pulled the rv out and opened the bedroom slide under generator power. Then spent the day working on the dash and may have pressed this button under the dash, picture attached. I know the slides won’t operate if the vehicle is started or in gear. Any idea if this button would impact the slides or what this button does? I thought I did hear a click in the rear bedroom but can’t really remember.

All other appliances, furnace, ac etc work while plugged in. The slides won’t move and the slide controls show no errors either.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BACD47C1-BDBE-4FDB-8193-E67A89E14ABC.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	30228  

Old 05-04-2021, 06:31 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
This a complete WAG but is that switch module an inertia (roll over) fuel pump shut off? I am not sure if you can on/off operate the button and disable or enable the fuel pump? You could try starting the engine (if safe to do so with all your under dash work going on) after cycling the button to see if it quits. I think Ford went to a different system in 2017 ? based on restrain system detection and may no longer require a hard button reset after a collision....just cycling the ignition switch.....but I am not certain.

I don't know your coach, but regarding the slides, there should be a 30 amp fuse in your converter fuse panel that powers the slide controller(s)/motor(s). Maybe that fuse has blown (if it's the same in your coach as mine)?
Old 05-04-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Why did you have to run the generator to operate your slide? It should simply be powered by the house batteries.

Ignore your under dash work - it may have nothing to do with your slide problem. Follow your slide manufacturer's troubleshooting procedure - it may be a s simple as a blown fuse or a code on the controller that needs to be reset. I'd lean towards a fuse/power problem if you have multiple slides and none work.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #4

THOR #23260
I did check the 30amp fuse and it is fine, no issues there. I also tried over riding the controller per the manufacture, still no power to the slide. There is also no error codes coming from the controller but the board has power because I see lights flashing when I attempted the over ride.

My coach will not allow the slides to work if the key is in the ignition or if the engine is on. It was also my understanding that my slides would not work on 12v power, 2015 model, needs shore power or generator.

The dash is back togather and I can start the coach no problem. I just can’t understand why the slides continue to fail. I do think it is related to a fuse or that button I accidentally hit under the dash. Maybe a ignition related switch or lockout relay or something?

My coach is the 2015 E450 model 31L
Old 05-04-2021, 07:48 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner77 View Post
I did check the 30amp fuse and it is fine, no issues there. I also tried over riding the controller per the manufacture, still no power to the slide. There is also no error codes coming from the controller but the board has power because I see lights flashing when I attempted the over ride.

My coach will not allow the slides to work if the key is in the ignition or if the engine is on. It was also my understanding that my slides would not work on 12v power, 2015 model, needs shore power or generator.

The dash is back togather and I can start the coach no problem. I just can’t understand why the slides continue to fail. I do think it is related to a fuse or that button I accidentally hit under the dash. Maybe a ignition related switch or lockout relay or something?

If you have Schwintek slides they are 12VDC, not 120VAC so shore power or generator are not required

What other 12VDC system isn’t working? Is Use/Store in the Use mode?
Old 05-04-2021, 08:05 PM   #6

THOR #23260
All other systems are working and I am in use mode.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #7

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
So if the power looks like it is getting to slide controller OK maybe somehow you have engaged the ignition lockout relay (accidentally from working under the dash) that prevents slide operation in some other way (slide switch function; or ground connection lockout perhaps, but I don't know your coach at all). Does your awning work, as it might be controlled (disabled) by the same ignition lockout relay.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #8

THOR #23260
Awning does work no issues. This seems to be isolated to the slides. They will not work on battery power or shore power.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:16 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:

I'm sorry you have been misinformed about your slides. You have the Lippert Schwintek 2 rail slide system on your two slides powered by the 12 VDC house system (hence the 30 amp DC fuse check). If you have HAD to be on SP or the generator in order for the Converter to supply 12 VDC to the DC buss for the slides to work then you have had a previous problem that may or may not play into your current issue.

This may be the manual for your slide system - there is a controller override procedure you may want to try:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAJ
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #10

THOR #23260
Understood. I just went through other items like microwave, AC and heat. All those work…slides won’t function on battery power or shore power. Again, no error codes on the controllers which seems even odder. Maybe a fuse got blown somewhere else? I checked the 30amp under the bed for the slides. Good there.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:53 AM   #11

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Good morning,

I can’t seem to get any of my slides working after trying to repair the pioneer avh-p1400 radio in my 2015 four winds class c. I pulled the rv out and opened the bedroom slide under generator power. Then spent the day working on the dash and may have pressed this button under the dash, picture attached. I know the slides won’t operate if the vehicle is started or in gear. Any idea if this button would impact the slides or what this button does? I thought I did hear a click in the rear bedroom but can’t really remember.

All other appliances, furnace, ac etc work while plugged in. The slides won’t move and the slide controls show no errors either.
The image you give is the shift lock relay, whether it has anything to do with the slides, I dunno. My guess is 'no'. But maybe you did push the 'button' which is the solenoid, maybe there is a contact used that would prevent operation of the slides if it is "in gear' and it thinks you are "in gear" after touching it. :-/
But try starting the unit, press the brakes and see if you can run it through the gear shift positions and then place it back in "Park", shutdown and try the slides again.

I admit I am only grasping at straws here...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shift-lock-relay.png
Views:	37
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	30238  
Old 05-05-2021, 02:00 AM   #12

THOR #23260
Yes, you nailed it OldWEB! I figured it out this evening. I tried running through the gears and moving the RV with no luck on slide operation. Thanks for your help though. Took me many hours to figure it out. I should have posted to this site so much earlier.

I’m going to have a friend stop by tomorrow, he’s better at testing wires/connections for power. I’ll keep you posted.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:44 AM   #13

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Good try... One thing, is the emergency brake on?

Also register with Thor and download the wiring diagrams for your unit, maybe it will shed light on the problem.

EDIT: Here is another person that had a problem, maybe recheck yer fuse?
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=12
Old 05-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #14

THOR #23260
Well this is interesting. I have never used the parking brake to open the slides and they used to work fine. When I press the parking brake it works but the dashlight doesn’t come on?