Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
pmorris92223's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
Posts: 244
THOR #13710
Rear bath on Hurricane 35M

We have a Hurricane 35M, has anyone arrived at a simple solution on dumping the rear tanks. Thor in their design wisdom made access a real challenge. I'll admit we bought the coach in part for the bath and a half. But dumping usually involves some skinned arms and some choice words
__________________

__________________
pmorris92223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 80
THOR #13505
we noticed that also right of the bat, my wife pushes hose up from bottom and I grab and snap on hose.

Going to get the door hinges put on the bottom after this bug goes down.
__________________

__________________
macdaddy1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
Posts: 296
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris92223 View Post
We have a Hurricane 35M, has anyone arrived at a simple solution on dumping the rear tanks. Thor in their design wisdom made access a real challenge. I'll admit we bought the coach in part for the bath and a half. But dumping usually involves some skinned arms and some choice words
It is a poor design unless you have arms like pipe cleaners. I use a clear right angle fitting between the outlet and the hose.
__________________
Shawn
2017 Windsport 35M
Shawn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Georgia
Posts: 4,026
THOR #11130
I think it's the same layout as mine. Rear black tank valve.faces foward and just a tad to low of acess door panel. I bought a 90 coupler at CW which stays on the tank valve, but sticks outward. Much easier to just twist hose on and dump.
__________________
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
pmorris92223's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
Posts: 244
THOR #13710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
It is a poor design unless you have arms like pipe cleaners. I use a clear right angle fitting between the outlet and the hose.
I cut the tank shield shorter so I could get my arms inside without shedding some skin and have a short coupling that I leave attached and attach a hose when we need to dump. It's not ideal but it works.
__________________
pmorris92223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
Posts: 296
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris92223 View Post
I cut the tank shield shorter so I could get my arms inside without shedding some skin and have a short coupling that I leave attached and attach a hose when we need to dump. It's not ideal but it works.
Mine doesn’t have a tank shield. It is still a poor design.
__________________
Shawn
2017 Windsport 35M
Shawn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #7
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 80
THOR #13505
Flip door around

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris92223 View Post
We have a Hurricane 35M, has anyone arrived at a simple solution on dumping the rear tanks. Thor in their design wisdom made access a real challenge. I'll admit we bought the coach in part for the bath and a half. But dumping usually involves some skinned arms and some choice words

Got ours flip around and a latch catch put on it! Came out nice!

Also, if you main slide is having any issues, Thor just authorized our repair shop to put in 3rd row of slide rails!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_195909_resized.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	23881   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_195941_resized.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	23882  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_195859_resized.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	23883   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_195922_resized.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	23884  

__________________
macdaddy1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
pmorris92223's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
Posts: 244
THOR #13710
Looks good, did you do the work yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
Got ours flip around and a latch catch put on it! Came out nice!

Also, if you main slide is having any issues, Thor just authorized our repair shop to put in 3rd row of slide rails!
__________________
pmorris92223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 80
THOR #13505
Riverside Subaru In New Bern NC is our authorized warrantee and repair shop. Tom and his guys did that on the house since we have so so many issues with our RV.
__________________
macdaddy1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
pmorris92223's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
Posts: 244
THOR #13710
We're not having any problems with our slides thankfully. I may ask my guys here about the door though, that would definitely make things easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
Riverside Subaru In New Bern NC is our authorized warrantee and repair shop. Tom and his guys did that on the house since we have so so many issues with our RV.
__________________

__________________
pmorris92223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×