Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2022, 10:29 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany M-4051
State: California
THOR #27641
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You don't have a power/ground/trigger bundle?

Awww I did not see until I just looked closer. There are....Now how can I test those LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	39160   Click image for larger version

Name:	r2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	39161  

Old 08-18-2022, 02:38 AM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabzbad View Post
Awww I did not see until I just looked closer. There are....Now how can I test those LOL
They are 12 volt triggers. A jumper from positive 12 volt source should trigger them.

Seems that if the side cameras work, and you connected a working side camera to the rear camera's connection jack, the side view should show up as the "default" view.

And if you connected the rear camera cable to that vacant side view connect and activated that side's turn signal, the rear camera should show up (if it is working). I assume that is what you tried?

Maybe just connect one of those swapped cameras at a time?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:21 AM   #23

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Use the process of elimination. If BOTH side cameras work normally, those cameras AND multiplexor ports are okay.

You've isolated the problem to either the rear camera AND/OR the rear multiplexor port.

Test/isolate the rear camera
If you now plug the REAR camera cable into EITHER the left or right multiplexor port and you get no video when activating that port, the rear camera has issues... could be the cable, the cable connection at the camera, or the camera itself.

Test the REAR multiplexor port:
Now plug either the left OR right camera into the REAR multiplexor port. Since you previously proved both side cameras work, if they do not work when plugged into the rear multiplexor port... the REAR PORT has issues.

You should have isolated the issue. The next step would be to access the connector at the rear camera. Depending on your motorhome, it may require removing rear ceiling trim.

The connectors have been known to short out... or could just simply be loose.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #24

THOR #27641
Quote:
They are 12 volt triggers. A jumper from positive 12 volt source should trigger them.

Seems that if the side cameras work, and you connected a working side camera to the rear camera's connection jack, the side view should show up as the "default" view.

And if you connected the rear camera cable to that vacant side view connect and activated that side's turn signal, the rear camera should show up (if it is working). I assume that is what you tried?

I did this all quickly yesterday. I need to identify each camera and spend more time to swap back and forth to see if I can get the rear camera to work. Unfortantly I cant get to it today. I will get back to it Friday morning and relay back what I find.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:27 PM   #25

THOR #27641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Use the process of elimination. If BOTH side cameras work normally, those cameras AND multiplexor ports are okay.

You've isolated the problem to either the rear camera AND/OR the rear multiplexor port.

If you now plug the REAR camera cable into EITHER the left or right multiplexor port and you get no video when activating that port, the rear camera has issues... could be the cable, the cable connection at the camera, or the camera itself.

Now plug either the left OR right camera into the REAR multiplexor port. Since you previously proved both side cameras work, if they do not work when plugged into the rear multiplexor port... the REAR PORT has issues.

You should have isolated the issue. The next step would be to access the connector at the rear camera. Depending on your motorhome, it may require removing rear ceiling trim.

I will take a closer look on Friday morning and try to isolate if its the camera or rear port. I did look and the rear camera connection is accessible from the rear of the motorhome. If I open the rear hatch/door its in between the radiator and rear cap up about 7' high. From there the wiring goes back up and down the side of motorhome and back in the rear wall about 8' up on the passenger side. I will let you know what I find on Friday.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #26

THOR #27641
Quote:

So I reidentified the ports to the cameras and marked them with tape and a permanent marker. I swapped the right with the rear....and when I switched the blinker on the rear camera came on... I switched it back and the rear camera stayed on as default as it should. I did this before but did not get the same result. Not sure but it must have just been the connections.
I appreciate all the help.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:03 PM   #27

THOR #27641
Quote:

As you see my post above I got it working. Kinda strange but happy its fixed for now LOL I appreciate the help
Old 08-19-2022, 06:50 PM   #28
Site Team

THOR #7035
Well at least you resolved the issue!

I agree, probably just a dirty connection on the rear camera cable or plug.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:41 PM   #29

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Simple fixes are definitely the sweetest!!
Old 08-19-2022, 10:12 PM   #30

THOR #27641
Old 08-20-2022, 06:21 PM   #31

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Manual View

Have you tried to go manually to rear view camera?
Old 08-20-2022, 07:12 PM   #32

THOR #27641
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamprunty View Post
Have you tried to go manually to rear view camera?
Yes I did…when I would hit camera on the touch screen the default view is rear camera and there was nothing. It’s good now must have been a loose connection. Now that I unplugged and plugged back in everything is working correctly as of now. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:40 PM   #33

Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
I had a similar problem.solved it this way:

Turn all power off to the coach. Turn all batteries off. Unplug from shore power. Bring the coach back to life.

Everything worked. Sometimes you just have to reset.

Good luck.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:01 AM   #34
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRider View Post
I had a similar problem.solved it this way:

Turn all power off to the coach. Turn all batteries off. Unplug from shore power. Bring the coach back to life.

Everything worked. Sometimes you just have to reset.

Good luck.
Why's he need luck? He's resolved his issue.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:01 AM   #35

Model: Windsport 29m
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabzbad View Post
Anyone have any idea on what to look for. The side cameras are working but when I go into reverse the rear does not work. Also while driving if I turn on the cameras the rear still does not work. Any insight would be great.
Thanks
I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. Seems every system on my coach has failed except the power driver seat--LOL. Now all things are good, have an appointment Monday to replace the pump on the leveling system. I had the same issue as you with my radio. It was the ACM-70 I think were the letters. Any how, I ended up getting a replacement and upgrade to the ACM-80 and that fixed it. Even now, if I drive down a very bumpy road it will flicker and go out then right back on. These are not coaches that use top-quality components and upgrades are a regular affair for me----But I still love my RV!!!!!
Old 08-21-2022, 10:04 AM   #36

Model: Windsport 29m
THOR #9553
Quote:

YEAH; What He said!!!
Old 08-25-2022, 04:24 PM   #37

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #8306
Just an FYI, at least for Axis, I found the "multiplexer" under the removable dash cover behind steering wheel. The one cable from all cameras to radio was unplugged. Easy Fix, If I don't include 3 hours ripping out the radio! LOL
Old 08-29-2022, 05:16 PM   #38
DBS

State: Arizona
THOR #27819
Multiplexer

Cabzbad, did you have to remove the radio in order to get to the multiplexer or were you able to reach behind the dash and locate it? None of my cameras are working at the moment and need to see where the fuse is and check connections. Thanks
Old 08-29-2022, 06:04 PM   #39

THOR #27641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS View Post
Cabzbad, did you have to remove the radio in order to get to the multiplexer or were you able to reach behind the dash and locate it? None of my cameras are working at the moment and need to see where the fuse is and check connections. Thanks
I have a access panel on the dash above the steering wheel. My multiplexer was right there on top. I did remove my radio it was easy also....remove bezel that snaps in place and there are 4 screws holding in the radio. Remove those and it slides right out.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:58 PM   #40
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS View Post
Year/Make/Model of RV might be pertinent as to the location of the multiplexer.