Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2019, 11:06 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12679
Thanks for the quick and accurate reply blw2. I'm on to tackling the tail lights...and replacing the # oversized screws Thor secured them with.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:13 PM   #22

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Are u putting in the leds?
Old 01-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #23

THOR #12679
Hi lazinskm, I want to go LED as you recommend. Do you recall the part # of the same brand as the original, but complete LED model you ordered from Command Electronics? Also what do I need to include in the order to ensure I get the light assemblies with compatible plug connector...
Old 01-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
I would call Command Electronics super nice people to deal with tell them you have a Thor and they send U ones with the connectors already on.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:16 AM   #25

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
I would call Command Electronics super nice people to deal with tell them you have a Thor and they send U ones with the connectors already on.
Revjeffrey for the heads up as we will also be converting in the spring when the weather breaks here in the mitten!

PS) watched the Marlo video on Youtube. What a beautiful voice & talent she has, sure you all are very proud!
Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #26

THOR #12679
Thanks again for your on point responses to my questions. This forum and its pool of battle-tested RVers is a thing of beauty.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #27

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4 View Post
Another Thor Rusty Screw/Rear Light Lens Assembly Victim...

I have a Thor 22FE Class C. What type and size screwdriver/bit fits into the screw head? Based on feedback in this thread, I do not want to strip the screws by just inserting different type screwdrivers/tools/bits.
Screws do not look like your average Phillips head. Thanks...
I can not fathom how Thor CONTINUES to use Command Electronics' foam/sponge gaskets. I wonder if EVERY one of them is leaking. I wouldnt have looked at mine unless I read the plethera of similar complaints, i.e. should be a RECALL and repairs made. I've brought this up to Thor, so they can no longer claim ignorance.

As anyone can plainly see it this pic Top of these gaskets are not being squeezed enough to form a seal, the design of the lense used with those crap gaskets = LEAK, as it did on mine. They can't blame just 1 lense hole, as you can tell by all of my rusted screws (on a brand new rig) As you can see by the quality control, they short-screwed me 4x.

For making up oversized holes, use wood glue and toothpicks. Break the toothpicks off and the screws will then work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181105_094012.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	15278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusted Screws.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	15279  

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #28

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
ha ha, yeah they haven't been able to claim ignorance for a long time. They paid to replace the entire back wall on my rig in the fall 2014 time frame, under warranty. I'm confident they probably knew about the issue even before that!
Old 01-24-2019, 01:51 AM   #29

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #13661
[QUOTE=blw2;163956]ha ha, yeah they haven't been able to claim ignorance for a long time. They paid to replace the entire back wall on my rig in the fall 2014 time frame, under warranty. I'm confident they probably knew about the issue even before that![/QUOTE

I'm sure...

I'm still waiting to have my AC fixed (another common problem).
Old 01-24-2019, 02:19 AM   #30

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
I can not fathom how Thor CONTINUES to use Command Electronics' foam/sponge gaskets. I wonder if EVERY one of them is leaking. I wouldnt have looked at mine unless I read the plethera of similar complaints, i.e. should be a RECALL and repairs made. I've brought this up to Thor, so they can no longer claim ignorance.

As anyone can plainly see it this pic Top of these gaskets are not being squeezed enough to form a seal, the design of the lense used with those crap gaskets = LEAK, as it did on mine. They can't blame just 1 lense hole, as you can tell by all of my rusted screws (on a brand new rig) As you can see by the quality control, they short-screwed me 4x.

For making up oversized holes, use wood glue and toothpicks. Break the toothpicks off and the screws will then work.
The toothpicks work - really well.

I bought some d-shaped window weather stripping from HD and super glued it to the backing plate. When all is said and done, the lens clamps against the flexible portion of the d-shape and seals it against the body. Laugh if you want to but, I've been high and dry ever since.

The old seal cost me a bulb and the weather stripping. My taillight on my '04 Ford Ranger went a few months back. Figuring the rest would blow soon, I bought 4. They work in my coaches taillights. Who knew.

Hope it helps
Old 01-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #31

Model: Freedom elite
THOR #12255
I caulked around all lights and vents and outlets
Old 03-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #32

State: Utah
THOR #14768
Here's a video that shows what happens if you let the leaks go for a long time. They show how to fix and seal a leaky light.
https://youtu.be/1hAqNfOM3ms