Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Leveling system

Recently on a weekend trip we parked on what we thought was a level site. After pressing the automatic leveling system, I notice the front wheels were off the ground about 2 inches. Is it ok to have the front wheels off the ground? I know there is a way to drop each level down independently to assure that the motorhome is sturdy, but I just can’t figure out how to do this. I am worried that I may upset the factory set level by doing this. Any advice. 2016 Miramar 34.2 Thank you

Old 05-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
Assuming my ACE is similar to your Miramar. My manual says not to raise it so high that the tires come off the ground. If you use manual mode you can get it level without getting as high off the ground as the automatic feature does and wont permanently affect your auto level settings.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #3

THOR #2562
I've noticed my front end always has to raise up a long ways to be level so I try to always park with the front end on the high side or stack 2x6's to drive the front up on before leveling.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:03 AM   #4

THOR #3584
West, I figured what you said about manual setting was right, I just have to figure out how to do. Thanks
Old 05-21-2016, 12:16 AM   #5

THOR #2562
On mine I set the park brake with the engine running and turn the panel on then instead of pushing auto level I hold the manual button down for a few seconds until it lights up. Then just push each individual arrow until I get it to light up saying level.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #6

THOR #3584
As you are pressing each level the panel will tell you When it's level? I'm not quite sure how that works, I guess I got to read the directions all over again, I thought with the automatic leveling I just press the button and that was it but now I find that's not the case.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:29 AM   #7

THOR #2562
If you use the auto level that is pretty much it but if your doing it manually the arrows light up to show what sides need to go up. Once you get each side up enough the center lights up green on mine. I still lower all corners until there is a little weight on each jack
Old 05-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #8

THOR #3584
Great, thanks
Old 05-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
How it is done depends on the coach you are driving and the control panel installed. If you have the control panel with the LCD display, it will tell you the level condition from front to rear and left to right in the form of a number.

If I remember correctly a negative number from front to rear indicates the front end is low. for example -0.2 indicates the front end is 2/10 of a degree low. 0.0 indicates level.

Some of the coaches do not have the LCD for the levelers and must use the indicators on the arrow buttons.

For auto leveling the system first grounds the front jacks, then grounds the rear jacks, then levels front to rear, then levels left to right.

Also, for those with the LCD display, who may not have noticed, if you cycle through the menu one of the displays is Battery Voltage. If the battery voltage is less than 12.7 do not try leveling or you will get the low voltage error. Happened to me again yesterday leveling the coach in the driveway. I pressed auto level too soon after starting the engine. I pressed enter to confirm the error waited a minute the voltage then read 13.1 and I leveled the coach without issue.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #10

THOR #3584
Thanks Dave I'm gonna try that right now
Old 05-22-2016, 12:55 AM   #11

THOR #3584
It worked, thank you. I learn more from this forum then by reading the directions and trying to figure it out.