Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #14401
Wink Refrigerator not cooling, but freezing is cooling?

Well, fellow RVers, its me again, Topd65, still a newbie in my eyes (smile) if it ain't one thing its another. We have been owners of a brand new 2018 Thor Vegas 25.3 since September 2018 and I can count how many times on one hand we have traveled in it and how many months it has been in and out the shop in the first 13 months and it still is not fixed!!!!!!!!

Well the last shop told us since all the parts were not in from Thor that we could come and get it, so we have it home and we plug it up a few days ago for a overnight trip. but the next morning went to put food in the fridge, it was as hot as it was outside the RV (Alabama)!!!!!!!!!!!

Any recommendations???? Also, any solutions on fixing or purchasing something where I can watch tv since my hdmi tip was ripped off from the main cord that comes from within the rv wall in the cabinet?

Thank you guys and gals for what you do and your shared experience and knowledge:-)

Sincerely,
Whoa!
Dee & Joe Ann

Old 09-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by topd65 View Post
Well the last shop told us since all the parts were not in from Thor that we could come and get it
Your refer has it's own warranty. Any shop should be able to get the parts required and not from Thor. You're not talking CW I hope. If so, find another shop.

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #14401
Thank you...

Hmmmm.... Not sure what CW is, but the answer is no, :-) Who covers warranty for electronics like the wiring, hdmi etc? Thank you again:-)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well you don’t say which coach you have so assuming you have a typical RV absorption fridge (not residential) there are some things you need to do/consider:

- level the coach
- I leave my coach on shore power, but I also turn on the main propane the evening before we travel and need the fridge (this is a backup in case of shore power failure).
- absorption fridges take hours to cool properly (we let ours run overnight)
- turn your fridge control panel switch to “automatic” (this selects shore power if connected or will default to propane if the shore is not available or fails overnight)
- make sure your use/store switch is in use position. The fridge also needs 12vdc to operate.
- if you want to test: disconnect shore power and the fridge should switch to propane automatically. You should be able to stand outside the fridge vent panel on your coach and hear the propane burner ignite and keep running. Reconnect shore and the gas should stop burning and if the 120vac heating element in the fridge is working you should have some cooling in the freezer first within a few hours.

Regarding the HDMI connector.....sounds like you need to replace the factory feed cable.......or install a second appropriate cable you route through the coach yourself (might be easier than trying to open factory panels and potentially causing other damage). Of course you need to know where the cable goes.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
CW = Camping World.

Check to make sure you doing everything correctly. I made the mistake of not turning on my switch by the step a couple of time (or turning it off when I leave the coach) so my fridge would not work (or I turned it off on my way out).
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:33 PM   #6

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Ooops, in my previous post I said you did not state your coach in the original posting. I should learn to have my morning coffee first before opening my mouth via my keyboard. Well at least I hope my other previous comments were useful.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:09 AM   #7

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A $3 hdmi cable available anywhere from 7-11 to truckstops to Tiffany plugged into hdmi 2 or 3 on the back of the TV will work just fine for your DVD Bluetooth player.
We have a USB C to hdmi cable installed. We download movies onto our phones from Amazon and netflix(and a hundred other sources if you wish) and did away with the Bluetooth player entirely.

Or, to fix that cable:
https://www.amazon.com/SinLoon-Solde...gateway&sr=8-4
It's pretty easy. Just a screw driver and wire stripper.