Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #18602
Removing Dresser Drawers

2020 ACE 33.1. Trying to remove the dresser drawers in the bedroom to access hot water heater. I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove these without potentially breaking something. Any ideas?

Old 08-15-2020, 10:58 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
There's a small black plastic lever on each slide rail that will release them. Extend the drawer until it stops, hold the drawer while moving both levers, and pull further out until the rails separate.
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:04 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well if the bedroom drawers are similar to my 2013 ACE, pull the drawer out fully and then simply lift the front of the drawer off the track and the rear of the drawer rollers will follow. To re-insert, place the roller wheels (on the drawer rear) onto the track so they roll into the track and the drawer front will follow back into place.
If that does not work, some drawer systems require you to pull the drawer fully out and near the rear track (I think) on both sides are black plastic release levers. If I recall they release by pushing in a certain direction (up or down).....and for "fun" they each release in the opposite direction of the other. To replace the drawer with this type of release just insert the drawer back onto/into the drawer guides and push the drawer in fully to re-lock. Of course there could be some other cryptic way of releasing yours if they are not as described above. It is a test for patience sent to us all from the drawer Gods.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:46 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Removing Dresser Drawers

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Well if the bedroom drawers are similar to my 2013 ACE, pull the drawer out fully and then simply lift the front of the drawer off the track and the rear of the drawer rollers will follow. To re-insert, place the roller wheels (on the drawer rear) onto the track so they roll into the track and the drawer front will follow back into place.
If that does not work, some drawer systems require you to pull the drawer fully out and near the rear track (I think) on both sides are black plastic release levers. If I recall they release by pushing in a certain direction (up or down).....and for "fun" they each release in the opposite direction of the other. To replace the drawer with this type of release just insert the drawer back onto/into the drawer guides and push the drawer in fully to re-lock. Of course there could be some other cryptic way of releasing yours if they are not as described above. It is a test for patience sent to us all from the drawer Gods.

It isn’t like the 2013s. These have very small black plastic tabs, pull the drawer out till it stops. In the drawer track ( push the track back in a bit leaving the drawer out to find the small tabs, one on each side, push one down the opposite side up and continue to pull the drawer out.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	25597
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	25598
Old 08-16-2020, 12:03 AM   #5