Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2021, 08:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #19593
How to winterize 2018 Thor Gemini

I just tried to winterize my Thor Gemini. I see the tubes under the RV to empty the fresh water tanks and to empty the water lines. I do not see the valves to let the water out? I assume the valves must be in the coach. I did open the panel in the rear that I hear people talk about. I did turn that valve but no water. I need help. I need clear instructions, please!!!!

Old 09-25-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Here is a generic summary of what to do, with RV antifreeze:

Empty your black, grey and fresh water tank using the drain valve for the latter.

Switch your hot water bypass valves to bypass mode. This usually means turning two valves at the inlet and outlet 90 degrees. This is not necessary with a tankless water heater.

Hook up an external suction hose to the fresh water pump. There is usually a three way valve (like the hot water bypass valves) that can be switched to suck water/antifreeze in from an external hose/antifreeze jug. Put the hose in the bottom of the antifreeze jug. Then turn on the pump and one by one turn on each spigot's cold and then hot water valve until you get pink stuff coming out. Make sure you do the external shower.

Then pour a cup full of antifreeze down each sink and enough down the grey and black tanks so pink stuff is coming out the dump valves.

I have a 100 watt solar panel that keeps my coach and chassis batteries charged up. If you don't have solar and don't have shore power available, I would disconnect the negative ground wire from the coach batteries once they are fully charged. This works fine for AGM batteries since they don't self discharge much.

If you have flooded cell lead acid coach batteries and no solar, I would run the generator with the battery switch on for an hour or so every month to make sure the batteries are charged up and it is good practice to do that for the generator's sake as well. After running the generator set the battery disconnect to off or the use/store to store until the next time.

You are now done!!!

David