Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Replacement Cab Curtains (Class A)

The white cheesecloth like liner for the cab curtains in our '15 Windsport are falling apart. Like seriously disintegrating into snowflakes all over the place, probably from UV exposure. Which begs the question - were they installed "inside out"? Should that liner have been toward the inside of the cab, rather than toward the windshield?

Regardless, I plan to pull them down and remove all remaining liner. But if I want to completely replace them, does anyone have a source for purchase? Or would this have to be a special order from CW or Thor?

Thankee

Old 08-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I'm surprised your liner lasted this long, they usually flake out in less than 2 years - and no, they were not inside out.

When ours flaked out I purchased some cheap drapes with thermal backing (got mine on clearance at Lowes) and cut them to fit where the liner was and sewed them together with the thermal side to the window. That gives us UV stabilized backing to the outside and OEM curtains to the inside and thicker curtains for better insulation.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Nice! Definitely another option for us to consider.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34J
State: New Jersey
THOR #5481
Our cab curtains did the same thing, and I just had a seamstress sew a new liner into them.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I'm surprised your line lasted this long, they usually flake out in less than 2 years - and no, they were not inside out.

When ours flaked out I purchased some cheap drapes with thermal backing (got mine on clearance at Lowes) and cut them to fit where the liner was and sewed them together with the thermal side to the window. That gives us UV stabilized backing to the outside and OEM curtains to the inside and thicker curtains for better insulation.
This is what the DW did during our first trip in the Hurricane. The factory installed front curtains and the accordian shades in the windows were useless at keeping light and heat out of the coach. Wife measured the front curtains and each window and off to the local big box store for curtains and rods we went. We spent the first afternoon making and hanging curtains, but it improved the look and reduced the temperature in the whole coach.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
on our 2015 Windsport same thing happen went to local fabric shop purchased sunblock / heat block liner took them to a seamstress she sowed in new liner for $50.00 they work great hopefully the new owner is enjoying them

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:13 PM   #7

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
Heat reflecting fabric

When ours went I ordered a roll of heat reflecting fabric from the factory here in the US. I had to buy way more than I needed but the factory price was about the same as buying just the yardage I needed from a local store. This fabric has a white side and a reflective side. According to the factory they work with the reflective side facing inside or outside. Was easy to cut and sew right onto the existing curtains--but you had to sew it correctly the first time as mistakes will show. It's been over a year and they are a blessing--cab are is now same temp as rest of coach (if we've been driving the engine provides more heat thru the floor even though dynamatted than comes in thru the glass). If you are interested in purchasing some of my remaining roll PM me.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:33 PM   #8

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
When our ACE front curtain linings flaked, the DW sewed in new heavier duty linings onto the original drapes. They are working well and much better quality than the OEM ones. For those not so lucky to have access to a seamstress.....you could also try the following link. I have never used them, but someone else on this Forum posted the link some time ago.

https://www.garymanufacturing.com/co...s-rv-curtains/