Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2017, 05:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #6677
Replacement Wiper Arm

In a sudden fit of ignorance I managed to break the drivers side wiper arm on my 2007 Hurricane 34B. It is a dual arm system with external sprayer tubing, roughly 32" arms. I would like to replace them both but have had trouble tracking them down. Any ideas where I might look, who I might call?

Old 03-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #2

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
I had to replace mine on a '91 HR. I did a google search for that type of arm and found a place in WA St., the factory. Can't remember who but I think there were just two choices.

Got their service guy. Wasn't expecting much. He needed the exact measurement of each component and a little other stuff. Turns out they probably originally made it or knew who did. He said they would have to make it and how fast did I need it. No hurry I said. He asked if a week would be fine, I said wonderful. He asked me to go out and measure again before we completed the order. I order a pair.

In less than a week I had them including all the nuts and bolts. Turns out they make those systems for the RV industry, fire trucks etc. and he even was aware of the model I had. It was the most pleasant and expert buying experience I ever had and I told him so.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #6677
TY

That's great advice, narrows the search a lot. I will see what I can find in Washington :-)
Old 03-06-2017, 03:25 AM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #4119
Replacement Wiper Arm

pmmarkus,

i did the same thing on our 2015 Thor Axis. I called Thor and they replaced the arm complete with a new wiper blade at no cost. It's worth a try calling them. They will at least know which arm to send to you. Thor was very helpful. Getting the arm off of the gear will be the hardest part. I was so afraid that I would crack the windshield if I used too much leverage; so I used a fly wheel pulley. It worked like a charm.

Machlin
Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #5

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by machlin View Post
pmmarkus,

i did the same thing on our 2015 Thor Axis. I called Thor and they replaced the arm complete with a new wiper blade at no cost. It's worth a try calling them. They will at least know which arm to send to you. Thor was very helpful. Getting the arm off of the gear will be the hardest part. I was so afraid that I would crack the windshield if I used too much leverage; so I used a fly wheel pulley. It worked like a charm.

Machlin
what was the cost of the new replacement arm and what department did you contact, I spoke with thor regarding my 2015 Axis windshield that has a stress crack and they said that they were not warranty mine but have in the past reading other blogs.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 AM   #6

THOR #4119
pmmarkus and 2015Axis,

I called Thor (phone number was found in my paperwork) and they sent me a new wiper arm at no cost. Whew

Machlin
Old 10-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #7

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
How do you break a wiper arm?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:52 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
And where do you find new blades?
Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #9

THOR #4119
Replacement Wiper Arm

If you raise the wiper blade to a position perpendicular to the windshield, the spring will break. Please don't try it.

All of my cars allow the wiper arm to be perpendicular to the windshield. The Thor Axis does not.

Machlin

I stopped by Walmart today and they do not have 33" blades. Next, an Auto Parts store.

Tags
hurricane, maintenance, wiper arm