Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2023, 06:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #28890
Unhappy Retractable Roof Top Bracket

Hello, I recently purchased a 2021 Tellaro 21AT with a retractable rooftop. The rear passenger side bracket has completely separated from the roof. This caused the roof to partially collapse and doing so, bent the lift support. I was able to locate a new lift support but I'm at a loss on how to line up the roof and secure the rear bracket again.

I have emailed Thor and am waiting to hear back and wasn't able to find any information of this happening to anybody else. Any ideas or suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5142.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	40612   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5139.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	40613  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5144.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	40614  

Old 01-20-2023, 06:47 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Is it a double layer by the roof and you could use short screws or pop rivets. If not could you put rivets down from the top through the metal lift support. No one would see the rivets unless they have a drone. How is the other side attached?
Old 01-20-2023, 07:18 PM   #3

State: California
THOR #28890
The other side is riveted on but not all the way through the roof. It looks like it was riveted halfway into the roof and fiberglassed around the bracket, it all just ripped out. I'm thinking of drilling through the roof but I'm afraid it might just tear the whole roof apart if is not at the perfect angle.
Old 01-20-2023, 07:25 PM   #4

THOR #20274
If you say it is hollow you could just use new rivets or nutserts just don't use the same holes. If you clean off the old glue, JB weld might work with the rivets or nutserts, especially if the old holes from the rivets are there the epoxy will lock into the holes. Nutserts might have more holding power if there is room inside the roof. Is there a way to reach inside the hollow roof? they make backer washers for rivets that would make it 10 times stronger
Old 01-20-2023, 08:05 PM   #5

THOR #20274
If you can't come up with anything and the damage is to large to repair, check what they want for a new roof or go to a boat dealer that does repairs and see how much they would charge to fix it, It could end up being stronger than when it was new