Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2017, 10:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Return Leveler for Service

OK, so that is what was on my remote screen this morning just after I started up the Motorhome. Would not go away, tried shutting it off and it would not, tried several options and nothing just the shown message. So I finally did a reset and everything is fine now. I don't like not knowing or what caused this. Sure, the resetting worked this time, but what about the next time?
Anyone had this same issue in the past?
It is not due for a regular service, I had the pump replaced last year and several lines, but it had been working fine up until today. I was not up on the jacks either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1238.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4050  

Old 02-25-2017, 01:13 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #6600
I had this exact thing happen to me as well on our first camping trip with our windsport 34f. The morning we were leaving, this popped up when I started the engine. The console started itself and it went into this mode and displayed the same message. After contacting the service department at my dealer, they walked me though resetting the console and everything worked ok after. In the 3 years we have had the RV, this has happened randomly a few times, and I have resolved the same way. Another issue we encountered with the jack system is losing the center level setting for the auto level feature. Ever since we purchased the RV, I can level the unit, and reset the zero adjustment. Within 1 or 2 short trips it will lose its zero setting, and literally jack the front end off the ground when I try to use auto level. I have had the RV in the shop 3 times due to this anomaly, and other minor issues. Every time it works perfect for the dealer, so they would not replace it under warranty. Eventually I gave up and just manually level. Given all that the system works well as far as leveling and has never had a mechanical failure.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:46 AM   #3

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if that makes me more comfortable or not But good to know there are others. I'll be sure to bring it up if it happens again.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:26 AM   #4
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Levelers

Can you tell me how to reset the levelers in case this happens to me?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
got that error on the way to the dealer for my last normal service and inspection visit. They checked the leveling system and it worked fine. Reset is to push retract and enter at the same time until the error clears.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #6
RTG

State: Massachusetts
THOR #760
ours will do that if we havent started it in awhile .