Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Schwintek in-wall slide system alignment issue

My front slide has become vertically misaligned at the rear end. The front edge of the slide is against the RV wall when extended, the rear edge is about 4 inches from the wall at the top and about 2 inches at the bottom. I watched the videos on alignment and talked to Lippert Components about the problem but the alignment procedure does not handle this vertical misalignment.
Lippert recommended I take it to an authorized repair center and they will remove and reinstall the racks.
For now it is secure and I am considering waiting until we get back to FL in Nov as we are volunteering in the NC mountains now and quite some distance from an authorized repair facility. Wondering if others have had this vertical misalignment issue and how it was resolved!

Old 09-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
When we took delivery on our coach, the main slide was out of alignment. The front seal was tight at the top and our about an 1" or so at the bottom. They said it would take about six hours to reinstall the tracks, but it turns out, a bracket was installed too high in the middle, the bottom of the slide was hitting it, causing the misalignment.

Fred
Old 09-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
There's a couple videos on YouTube that may help you. http://youtu.be/bGL4aILZYcY
http://youtu.be/xojUdPDWNS0
Maybe try the first one and then realigne the normal way but if that doesn't work try the second and manually slide it to where it's straight then reattach the motor.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #4

THOR #2248
Thanx for your inputs. I will watch those videos later today. I have watched some and know about the realignment procedure and after I talked to Lippert was surprised they didn't mention that procedure.
Currently we are away from home volunteering in the NC mountains and I would rather wait until we get home in early Nov to take it in so I will not have a problem if they take longer then expected.
But, based on the little I have seen I am wondering why disengaging the drive motors and manually aligning the slide won't work. Will see what the videos offer to the problem.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #5

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Miramar 2017 sold with slide alignment issue

Just took delivery of a 2017 Miramar 34.3 with a full wall slide out of alignment as well. Found that the RV had the older 2 track system instead of the advertised 3Trax system.

There could be a number of problems with our slide and hoping to get answers soon from the service manager at the dealership. The rollers likely are out of alignment. But we still have the issue of a brand new RV with the antiquated 2 track system???? really big QC issues at the Thor factory we're thinking....

Now I have to look into motor and roller differences in the 2track vs. 3Trax system.... Ughhhh....
Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

THOR #2248
We eventually took ours to the Thor Service Center in Wrackarusa and got outstanding service there. I highly recommend them.

Tags
schwintek, slide alignment, slideouts