Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2021, 02:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #23967
PD31 Inverter Setup

First of all where is. the. Inverter,, on a 2016 Thor Quantum PD31 located? I have a Xantex Pro XM1800 panel on the left side of the stairwell. However, can’t find the inverted itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Secondly, I would like to learn how to setup the inverter to keep power to my residential refrigerator without having to run the generator every 2 hours while on the road, Thank you!

Old 06-27-2021, 02:46 AM   #2

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
Mine is in the little storage compartment by the stairs you just have to turn it on and it will do the rest. Make sure your battery disconnect is on.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:45 PM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #23967
As stated before, on the left side of the PD31 stairwell is located the XM1800 inverter remote panel. However, this is not the inverter, but just a remote detached panel from the inverter.
Yesterday, I removed the dinette seat behind the XM1800 panel. The XM1800 panel has an analog female phone jack attached on a pigtail. The other end of the cable disappears in a conduit under the coach. Today, I am going to try and trace the other end of that cable which should be connected to the inverter itself.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:13 PM   #4

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
When you power up the inverter (with no shore power and no generator). What 120vac items work?
You should have a least one tv and the refrig.

Let us know.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:25 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFVARGO View Post
First of all where is. the. Inverter,, on a 2016 Thor Quantum PD31 located? I have a Xantex Pro XM1800 panel on the left side of the stairwell. However, can’t find the inverted itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Secondly, I would like to learn how to setup the inverter to keep power to my residential refrigerator without having to run the generator every 2 hours while on the road, Thank you!
Plant 750 puts the inverters under the bed. I have no idea where plant 250 might locate them, but I would guess under the bed or under the dinette seats.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote