Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2023, 01:17 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22 FEF
State: New Jersey
THOR #28862
Thanks for all the product suggestions and tips with eterna bond tape. If needed I will use it sparingly and test area first.

Old 01-18-2023, 01:49 AM   #22

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking545 View Post
Thanks for all the product suggestions and tips with eterna bond tape. If needed I will use it sparingly and test area first.

If you want to forget about resealing with Dicor and potential water intrusion, just put EternaBond over all Dicor overlapping the roof.

I would not worry about having to remove it. Yes… there is a rare chance you may have to replace a vent many years down the road but it still can be done.

The goal is to permanently prevent leaks by eliminating continuous Dicor inspection and resealing. I’ve dine two coaches this way and never had a leak and never had to reseal.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:21 AM   #23

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If you want to forget about resealing with Dicor and potential water intrusion, just put EternaBond over all Dicor overlapping the roof.

I would not worry about having to remove it. Yes… there is a rare chance you may have to replace a vent many years down the road but it still can be done.

The goal is to permanently prevent leaks by eliminating continuous Dicor inspection and resealing. I’ve dine two coaches this way and never had a leak and never had to reseal.
X a million with what Judge says. When we bought ours new it had a leak. Took forever to get it fixed but once we had all the Dicor replaced I EternaBond all seems everywhere. Haven’t had a problem since and it’s so nice just to get up there and clean it without having to inspect every piece of Dicor to make sure it’s not cracked.